1965 Chrysler New Yorker - cl ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrewboy

Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine, and no relation to the seller, but I LOVE that white/blue combo. The front seat needs to be recovered, but the back looks fine.

From the ad:
Here it is! Muscle car performance with middle aged/upper class luxury. One of the most affordable, useful and fun big block cars money can buy. Timeless Elwood Engle styling. Don't like 4-doors? Have you tried it? This is one of the few 4 door cars that look better than those with 2. And, 4 doors make sense on a car that can move 6 guys and 6 golf bags with no problem. This fits in your standard garage. This is one of the best cars ever built. All metal, no rust, no repairs other than paint jobs in the 1970's and 1980's. It spent 3 generations in the same family in Knoxville, TN before I acquired it. Always garage kept with a dust cover also. Looks fantastic and is freshly waxed. Car needs nothing. Dash pad is perfect as is the headliner. There are new carpets throughout including the trunk. No exhaust leaks. New tires. There are minor touch ups in the exterior paint. 67,446 orig miles. 413 big block with 340 factory horsepower, 480 ft-lbs torque @2500 rpm, 727 automatic trans (shifts strong,) double cardan cv driveshaft, 8-3/4 rear. All original and runs as new. Very smooth and raw power. No smoke on start-up. All heavy metal, including the grille! There are some minor jobs to be done as with most old cars, and I have the parts. This is an easy and affordable restoration, or drive and enjoy as is. This always gets looks and inquiries at the gas pump. I have gotten as good as 19 mpg on the highway. The car has seen summer drives only, but i would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/4559413459.html

No cruise? On a NYer? shroud missing. However, this is an excellent looking car.
Stan, do i see power vent windows?
Can't get 18 mpg. try 10-12, but what a ride.
Reasonable care, will last forever!

No cruise? On a NYer? shroud missing. However, this is an excellent looking car.
Stan, do i see power vent windows?
Can't get 18 mpg. try 10-12, but what a ride.
Reasonable care, will last forever!

The 65 NY I bought did not have a cruise or a shroud, nor did the rad show any sign of ever having one.

I don't see power vents but that car has everything I want. Especially the six windows.
It's a beauty

11r836d.jpg

Who says you can't get 19 mpg out of these? Hell, my '78 got 19 on its last trip to Tulsa and back - 75 mph and 18.9 mpg.

If you have your foot in it all the time; then yeah, 11 - 12 mpg is what you'll get.

My 66' 383 struggled to get 15 mpg on a trip last year. Back in 71' I got 18-21 all the time. So, I did a valve job, and flushed the Transmission fluid, did some adjustments. Now it is back up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back