SOLD 1965 Newport Power Brake Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is a 1966 Newport Power Brake booster, but I am looking for a 1965 part. 383 car, four wheel drums, the booster on the car has this appearance outwardly.
20200906_081907.png

Suggestions of where (what vendor, store, online site) to look for one, exact part number, etc, are appreciated. Trying to rely on someone with first hand knowledge about what will work.

Alternatively, IF you have one you know to be good and want to sell it, please PM me.

Thanks in advance

I have a known good one for drum brakes. It was rebuilt by booster Dewey a few years back. I'm switching my car over to the disc brake booster. Its currently on my car waiting for me to swap the disc one on. [email protected]

The booster in the photo is a Midland-Ross single clamp booster and would be correct for the application with drum brakes.

Dave

in the back of my mind, i recall someone telling me booster rebuild kits are available for this model.

either new or rebuildable, do you also replace the MC? seems advisable to do so yes?

in the back of my mind, i recall someone telling me booster rebuild kits are available for this model.

either new or rebuildable, do you also replace the MC? seems advisable to do so yes?

You can get the kit but is costs almost as much as having Booster Dewey rebuild it. You would want to rebuild the master so you do not ruin a fresh booster.

Dave

You can get the kit but is costs almost as much as having Booster Dewey rebuild it. You would want to rebuild the master so you do not ruin a fresh booster.

Dave
Seriously?? How much is the kit? I'm looking to do my 65, but if I'm saving like $25, probably send it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back