1965 Polara patch panels?

David Johnson

Reaction score
Im looking for rear lower quarter patch panels for a 1965 Dodge Polara 4 door Sedan. Cant seem to find them. If anyone knows where I could purchase them Please let me know. Thank you. Dave

I've seen some on ebay, but I've also heard that they are nowhere near close to matching original contours and as such require extensive rework. Might I suggest hand forming? Had to make mine, but I was blessed with a father that had been a bodyman for 30 years at that point available to make suggestions - although he didn't do any of the work.

I've seen some on ebay, but I've also heard that they are nowhere near close to matching original contours and as such require extensive rework. Might I suggest hand forming? Had to make mine, but I was blessed with a father that had been a bodyman for 30 years at that point available to make suggestions - although he didn't do any of the work.

Agreed, all I have seen is crap too. Find a good metal man to make new ones, unless your 1/4's are really bad, then you would be better off finding some used ones, preferably from out west.

Thanks guys. I can make them shouldn't be to hard. Its just the lower contour so wont be that bad. Just thought about saving some time and buying them but I will go with what you guys said. Thanks again.

Just one little hint if you hand form them - get the approx size chunks of metal and give them just a little shot through a roller to give it a little curve. That saved a ton of work trying to get a smooth rounding by hand.

Back