NOT MINE 1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible in Salem, OH - $27,000

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795670568543859/-1966-Chrysler-300-Convertible

Seller's Description:
1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible
  • Driven 133,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Orange
  • Will not respond to "is this available" to avoid spam messages
1966 CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE - original owner Very good condition 133,000 miles. 383 motor Torqueflite transmission Power windows Power bucket seats Power top Disk brakes Tilt/telescoping steering wheel $27,000.00

image.png.68723d8b2e94614e82d8d2f98afdd0ea.png

image.png.ce2fad46e0885130d243687202a30f7c.png

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/795670568543859/-1966-Chrysler-300-Convertible

Seller's Description:
1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible
  • Driven 133,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Orange
  • Will not respond to "is this available" to avoid spam messages
1966 CHRYSLER 300 CONVERTIBLE - original owner Very good condition 133,000 miles. 383 motor Torqueflite transmission Power windows Power bucket seats Power top Disk brakes Tilt/telescoping steering wheel $27,000.00

View attachment 600837

View attachment 600838

Aarrff! But no A/C. . .

Maybe his pen ran out of ink from checking every other box on the order first.

I don't know what it is, but back in the day a lot of people thought that a convertible didn't need A/C. These people were mostly from the northern states - especially New York and northern Pennsylvania. Most Canuckians definitely felt this way.

I don't know what it is, but back in the day a lot of people thought that a convertible didn't need A/C. These people were mostly from the northern states - especially New York and northern Pennsylvania. Most Canuckians definitely felt this way.
On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen lots of southwest cars with no AC as well. Shorts+vinyl seats in AZ in July is no fun!

On the other end of the spectrum, I've seen lots of southwest cars with no AC as well. Shorts+vinyl seats in AZ in July is no fun!
My SW sourced ragtop has no A/C either. Already decided should I replace her with anything else, by cracky it's gonna have A/C!!!!

I will join you there in Glendale next time I want to fry eggs on the sidewalk.

Phoenix was 122 degrees on June 26, 1990

That was the record...I was there for that. TRUE story: since the days before were
119 and maybe 120...

I decided on the day it was 122 to open up all the windows in the house and turn off the evaporative cooler. It was
really hot inside and some candles I had melted and drooped over. My roommate at the time was a friend and he came
home to me sitting at a table with a puddle of sweat at my elbow. He shouted at me WTF is wrong with you shut the GD
windows and turn on the cooler. I did.

Later that night I went out to my concrete driveway for something barefoot. I had to return to the house for some shoes
as my feet were burning.

Years later we had maybe 120 for a high and some local news station sent someone out in the afternoon to check on the temps
on the side of buildings downtown. They get a reading of 175.

Gotta love the heat island effect.

Beautiful car. With that black top, the AC is a must have for SW FL. I see it has the rare (for 1966) disk brakes identifiable from the special disk only wheel covers and the window sticker designation

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is much the same. We had 162* on the flightline, and temps in the city near the buildings was pushing 150*. Walking the gravel trails in Tent City was always a joy, too. Of course, our Gulf War I-vintage Dodge Power Wagons had no A/C, while our Suburbans having varying degrees of A/C from perfect cold to "furnace" settings.

Back