1966 Poly 318 to LA 318 Swap - Kickdown linkage

Virgil J.

Reaction score
I'm swapping out the Poly for an LA 318 in my 66 Fury, I was thinking of modifying the bracket that bolts onto the intake so that I can use my original kickdown linkage. Maybe I could cut the bottom of the Poly bracket off and weld on the bottom of the LA bracket... or just replace the linkage from that of a 1967 Fury / C body with an LA 318?

I know If I had the money to have the poly rebuilt I definitely wouldn't be doing the swap. I wish I was someone who collected cars and just drove them on the weekend or something but this is my only car. need to get back on the road before summer's over and I lose my mind..and everything else. I will be saving the old engine of course (unless someone offers me big bucks for it)

I will be having a hard time getting my welder back, so I ask if I could swap in the 67 linkage?

I suppose maybe the availability of parts and performance parts probably temped him to make the switch. Can't blame him. Must be torture to try and find parts for a poly 318.

I would say that yes you can use the brackets for 67 the pieces on the trans should be the same or very similar.

I do have an old hood pull cable that I was thinking of using, has anybody tried that? I know Lokar sells cables too, but I don't mind keeping a secret about where the parts came from when I bring the car to Pebble Beach :lol:

Back