1967 Sport Fury Convertible Factory "H" Code 383 4bbl Restoration

The new door sandblasted, pictures were also taken May 15th......
door 1.jpg
door 2.jpg

The next 2 pictures are of the inside of door where it is undercoated.......
door 3.jpg
door 4.jpg

Here are pictures of the old door on and off the car, the pictures at our body and paint guys place were taken May 15th and the ones taken at our house were also taken the 15th......
old door 1.jpg
old door 2.jpg
old door 3.jpeg
old door 4.jpeg
old door 5.jpeg
old door 7.jpeg
old door 8.jpeg

If you noticed a bubbly looking spot in my pictures before we took the car completely apart, that spot was on the hood. The spot was ground down and this was the result, not good. BUT luckily we have a spare crappy rusty hood that we could use to fix that. Pictures were taken May 20th and 21st........
hood 1.jpg

The spare crappy hood all loaded in my stepdads truck and ready to take to the body and paint guy.....
hood 2.jpeg

The spare hood now back from the body and paint guys with the part we needed off of it to save the hood on the car. Off to the dumpster you go!!
hood 3.jpeg

I'm back with some updates on the convertible project, these pictures were taken March 21st and 22nd 2021.....
Conv door.jpg
quarter 1.jpg
quarter 2.jpg

Fender skin below we were debating on using until we decided the best option was to get a new quarter panel from Wildcat Mopars.......
skin.jpg

Hi folks,

I got a bit of an update on the car. We now have color!! The hood is now painted blue and got cut and buffed 5 times, the cowl and the right door jam is painted also. We also surprisingly believe it or not found what was left of a build sheet under the shims where the core support mounts to the frame

Just letting everyone know also as a side note that the rear bumper from the car is no longer needed as we have a new one to put on, and is free if anyone is interested!! It is a good candidate for a driver car or for a rechrome, I will be posting an ad for it soon.....

Hi everyone,

It has been 1 year and 1 day since we dropped off the convertible to our body and paint friend; it is still there and is still getting body worked and painted. I hope to but whether it happens is a different story, is to get some progress update pictures on here of how the car looks soon. It has just been a little busy and hectic around here with 3 other C-body projects and 1 B-body project going on all at once and with other personal issues as well.

Hi folks,

Just letting everyone know also as a side note that the rear bumper from the car is no longer needed as we have a new one to put on, and is free if anyone is interested!! It is a good candidate for a driver car or for a rechrome, I will be posting an ad for it soon.....

Regarding the old bumper from the car in this post above, I do BELIEVE we still have it BUT I'm not sure and would have to look in the garage and/or ask my stepdad where it is.

More on the car HOPEFULLY to come soon.....

Hello there, your restoration isn’t nearly as bad in rust as my 67 Dodge Monaco 500 but it’s still a big job regardless. I’m ready for paint now after the quarters were welded in and floor pans etc and I’m needing help in finding window motors for both doors and quarters and if you know any supplier of reproducing these or any hood used ones I would sure be greatfull as I’m in over my head in $$$ with a body man , parts n paint but I should have made sure I could buy window motors and find decent lower wide side moldings before putting thousands of dollars into a car that may never be finished now ☹️

Hello there, your restoration isn’t nearly as bad in rust as my 67 Dodge Monaco 500 but it’s still a big job regardless. I’m ready for paint now after the quarters were welded in and floor pans etc and I’m needing help in finding window motors for both doors and quarters and if you know any supplier of reproducing these or any hood used ones I would sure be greatfull as I’m in over my head in $$$ with a body man , parts n paint but I should have made sure I could buy window motors and find decent lower wide side moldings before putting thousands of dollars into a car that may never be finished now ☹️

Hello,

I see you tried private messaging me. I cleared my inbox a bit if you still want to message me. To help you out on your power window motor situation, there was a thread/posting on here from back in 2019 about motors here. Not sure if it will help you or not......

Power window motors

OR maybe try these folks......

Browse

OR maybe try Ebay.....

MOPAR OEM 1965-68 C-BODY LEFT FRONT POWER WINDOW REGULATOR 300 FURY POLARA 66 67 | eBay

Last edited:
Somewhat Of An Update-

The car is still being restored and is still at our body and paint guy, it's been there for a year now. The new NOS left quarter panel is getting worked on right now with getting wet sanded. We did order a coolant sticker from ECS Concepts for the car as well. More to come hopefully soon.....

ECS decals.jpg

Hi Everybody,

Wooo man it's been a LONG time since I posted and update on the ole Convertible. Where do I start? We have paint now and on the whole car! The whole car was painted this past weekend, now it just needs to get cut and buffed then we gotta put the car together again. We got all NOS trim for the car that will go on when it is all said and done. Progress pictures although I've said that before, are coming soon!

Got the literally with pun intended. nice new shiny NOS front bumper out of the garage today for the car and washed it. The old bumper that was on the car will be going on our '67 Fury wagon......

NOS bumper.jpg

NOS bumper 2.jpg

Hello everybody,

Just letting you all know I got some great and exciting news to share. After a year and a half the car is finally done and back home and it looks MUCH better than it used to, so good you have to physically see it in person because the pictures do it no justice. See new post/thread below. I will update this thread as well with old former restoration progress when time allows........

https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/a-year-a-half-later-our-67-sport-fury-convertible-is-finally-home.74359/

Back