NOT MINE 1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4dr Hardtop - Very Original - $14,500 - Portland, OR

marty mopar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Tempe AZ (hotter than a turd on a frypan)
For Sale: 1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown 4dr Hardtop - Very Original - $14,500 - Portland, OR
1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown Sedan - Green on Green - Very Original... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:
1968 Chrysler Imperial Crown Sedan
Message me for a photo album of 130 pictures of the car including pictures of the underside on a lift.
Sold new by Roy Burnett Motors in Portland, Oregon. This car was delivered December 15th in 1967. Original owner's booklet shows maintenance notes early on. Current mileage reads 102,440. It appears the car spent a good portion of its life in storage. For the last 26 years it has been in storage in Washington State until I purchased it along with another car.

We ended up doing quite a bit of maintenance to revive it after getting it out of its storage building.
March Maintenace:
New White Wall Tires
lube oil filter service
new water pump, coolant flush
rebuilt carburetor
new brakes including master cylinder, all hoses, rear wheel cylinders
converted to Pertronix electronic ignition system
new ignition coil
new spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor
new fuel pump and filter
new alternator and power steering belts
new air filter
new battery
The car is mostly original, and the interior is very well preserved. The carpets do show some staining. The metal trim throughout the interior of the car does need some polishing as it shows its age and oxidation.

The paint is mostly average but there are definitely some poor spots. The worst spot being the driver's side rear fender that got scraped and sightly dimpled at the end of the moldings. That rear fender chrome cap also received a little scraping at the same time. Lots of little touched up chips on the passenger side. The turn signal stalk needs to be held into position to keep the signals on. The instrument cluster gauges all function and light up, but the speedometer does take above 15-25 mph occasionally to kick in. The driver's side reverse light lens is also broken. Please request the photo album take a look at the photos so you can get a good idea of the car before purchasing as I made sure to photograph all the small flaws. The only flaw on the seats is a small split at a seam of the drivers bolster, but it could be re-stitched or left as is, it's sort of hard to notice.

Now on to the good news. There is absolutely no rust underneath this car. The headliner, carpets (besides the small staining in the passenger footwell) and fabric seats are in amazing shape for their age. They are very well preserved. The dash is also original and has no cracks in it. The rear parcel tray looks new as well. The original rubber floor mats are included with the car as well but not photographed. It does fire up nicely when cold after two pumps of the accelerator pedal. It drives very well and is quite smooth. The steering and suspension feel great. It idles wonderfully after rebuilding the carb.

Shipping is the responsibility of the buyer. You will have to work around my travel schedule as I am busy. Car is sold with an Affidavit in Lieu of Title/Release of Interest from Washington State Department of Motor Vehicles which acts as a title. Clean and clear.
Copy and paste in your email: [email protected]

687771117_68ChryslerImperialORc.jpg.1c1a9367d5e9115d2ccac4ff02f30db6.jpg

Back