1968 Chrysler Newport Custom 2 door - $5000 (Duluth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebrea

Reaction score
Contact seller
not mine but would make an easy project if you could get him down in price. Expensive!

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/4214315275.html

Selling my baby, my signature car. My 1968 Chrysler Newport. I've had it for 7 years. I will miss her dearly. Truly been a great car. I am the third owner. Originally purchased in Los Angeles in 1968, the original owner moved to AZ. Was purchased from the second owner, a retired sheriff in Iron River, WI, where I bought it. Put a lot of time, energy, and money into her, but it needs to go to someone who will truly take good care of her. Plus, I am moving my fiancee' from CA and need the money from the sale ASAP.

THE BAD: She needs a rebuild or new motor. (383 big block 2bbl) She starts, but the rod has blown after 136,000 miles in the middle of July. She has been sitting since. She has never been fully restored. Kept indoors during winter. Pretty much rust free. Solid. Had a paint job from 1st owner, but done poorly. Paint is peeling. Will need a new headliner. Needs a new power steering pump. A/C needs to be charged. Needs a heater core. Electric windows, but front driver side and both rear need new motors. Need a new signal/turn switch. Radio does not work.

THE GOOD: Excellent driver and starter . Drives straight and smooth. New rebuilt 727 transmission. Newly rebuilt carb. Replaced compressor in last year. One year old alternator. New water pump. New fuel filter and pump. Great tires and rims. Original hubcabs in trunk. New master cylinder (brakes). Newer battery and cables. Great interior, except header is ripping. Was one of the most durable and reliable cars I ever owned. Beautiful looking car, an eye catcher and very rare to see a 2 door hardtop from this year. Color is a root beer bronze. Appraised in 2012 for $10,500

Hope this info answers a lot of questions. Call me for serious inquiries only. Please, serious buyers only. Make me an offer. A true classic car or Mopar lover would love this car for Christmas! Needs to be towed. I may be able to arrange that through AAA.

Thanks for looking!

Todd

00c0c_bYXKR0xGVHo_600x450.jpg00d0d_eEjFoGj6pb7_600x450.jpg00W0W_34mLDz9s3EQ_600x450.jpg

00c0c_bYXKR0xGVHo_600x450.jpg

00d0d_eEjFoGj6pb7_600x450.jpg

00W0W_34mLDz9s3EQ_600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back