1968 Fury III convertible trim removal

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

I'm beginning paint and bodywork on my convertible, and I'm currently in my "favorite" phase...trim removal.

I haven't had any issues, except:

I'm to the point where I need to remove the trim piece that goes up the front of the door frame in front of the vent window,and the long piece along the top of the door next to the window. Not next to the top, but where you would rest your elbow with your arm out the window. I also need to remove the vent windows themselves, so any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I can't help with the A-pillar trim, haven't dealt with that yet.

The exterior beltline trim is attached to the inside edge of the door with spring clips(maybe 3-4) similar to what's used on the door panels or the cowl trim at the bottom of the windshield (just smaller). Roll the window all the way down and then use a plastic pry tool to get in between the trim and the door. A little twisting should get it started. This is easier to do if the interior door panel is already removed.

The vent window frame and door glass come out as one unit. The window crank handle, armrest, door latch handle and door panel have to come off to access inside the door cavity. Then you will find the anchor points for the vent window frame and door glass. You'll have to disconnect the glass from the regulator to remove it.

If you don't have one, get a Factory Service Manual for your car. It shows all of the above, and will pay for itself the first time you use it.

Hope the input helps.

John

Hey guys:

I'm beginning paint and bodywork on my convertible, and I'm currently in my "favorite" phase...trim removal.

I haven't had any issues, except:

I'm to the point where I need to remove the trim piece that goes up the front of the door frame in front of the vent window,and the long piece along the top of the door next to the window. Not next to the top, but where you would rest your elbow with your arm out the window. I also need to remove the vent windows themselves, so any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Can you post a picture of what you a describing?

Back