NOT MINE 1968 Imperial 4dr - Netherlands

thethee

Reaction score
The ad states this was an original Belgian car from Chrysler Antwerp and was supposedly used by Belgian royalty and/or embassy.
No fendertag but there is some data plate where the VIN reads YH43K8C2288214, didn't find it mentioned on the site yet.

They're asking €12.950 which is around $14.200 with the current conversion rate.

1683019242953.png

1683019278646.png

1683019303269.png

1683019322079.png

Not much need in the Netherlands for air conditioning. I lived near the Dutch border in Germany for three years. Very mild climate.

I had a very similar tag on my '67 Belvedere I wagon that was shipped new to Antwerp.

Interesting that the speedo is in miles, not kilometers. A metric speedometer would've been standard; however, it is possible it started in the US as a Belgian Embassy car, then shipped to Europe a little later...maybe?

Last edited:
Not much need in the Netherlands for air conditioning. I lived near the Dutch border in Germany for three years. Very mild climate.

I had a very similar tag on my '67 Belvedere I wagon that was shipped new to Antwerp.

Interesting that the speedo is in miles, not kilometers. A metric speedometer would've been standard; however, it is possible it started in the US as a Belgian Embassy car, then shipped to Europe a little later...maybe?
The speedo is in kilometers. ;-)

68LeBaronKPH-Netherlands.jpeg

The speedo is in kilometers. ;-)

View attachment 594327

There wasn't a clear picture of that in the ad that I could see, anyway, thanks.

I didn't see a pic of the VIN stamped in rather large characters on the passenger-side of the stub-frame, facing up as you look into the engine bay. My Belvedere I had that particular info there, and since this apparently went through Belgium not long after my Belvedere, it may well have this stamped there.

I've seen that car on here, or its twin, quite a while ago.
There was discussion over the small rear window, with no vinyl roof.
Edit:
Found it in a thread by Imperialcruiser in 2013, a 1967 Crown sedan. So not the same, but a close relative.

Last edited:
I know of at least 3 other 1968 LeBaron with KPH speedo. One black with black leather (no vinyl roof), one black with black leather/grey cloth (no vinyl roof), and one white (unsure about the roof, very poor pictures).

YH43K8C271245.jpg

YH43K8Cxxxxxx.jpg

YH43K8Czzzzzz.jpg

I understand, air conditioning can be hard to find there. I traveled to Europe a few times for work. I was in Saarbruken for an unusually hot week in June once and the Hotel didn't have A/C. It just seemed unusual that the car wouldn't have it considering it's history.

When I needed A/C over there, I could always jump in my '85 Dodge D150 Royal SE! Problem came along when I sold that to a buddy in Brussels, now I had no air at all.

@FredNY66 - When I was stationed in GE, there was a guy right across the Dutch border who had a black six-window New Yorker. It was a US Embassy car in the Netherlands. Plus, he had a neat old black '58 ZIL limousine that had belonged to the Soviet Embassy in BE. Very interesting to see them show side-by-side at car events!

Back