1968 Newport Headers?

GrandpasDream

Reaction score
Hey all.. thanks for stopping in. I want to upgrade my headers from stock. What seems to be the go to on these C-Bodies? Steering gear box etc makes for a tight fit on the driver side.

I just wanted to ask what people are using and have had luck with fitment with.

TTI. Why do you want headers, exactly?

When I had the stock headers off, I couldn't help but notice the casting flaws all on the inside of them. Rough as all get out. The difference I'll see if I do change may be minimal but...Idk. what your thoughts? Why do you ask why? Not trying to be coy, just curious.

When I had the stock headers off, I couldn't help but notice the casting flaws all on the inside of them. Rough as all get out. The difference I'll see if I do change may be minimal but...Idk. what your thoughts? Why do you ask why? Not trying to be coy, just curious.
There's no real cost to performance benefit for headers on a C-Body. Unless you're drag racing or have a race motor, HP manifolds or regular manifolds should work fine.

When I had the stock headers off, I couldn't help but notice the casting flaws all on the inside of them. Rough as all get out. The difference I'll see if I do change may be minimal but...Idk. what your thoughts? Why do you ask why?

Does anyone extrude hone anymore? If it bothers you you could have that done to your present exhaust manifolds and have all that smoothed out.

There's no real cost to performance benefit for headers on a C-Body. Unless you're drag racing or have a race motor, HP manifolds or regular manifolds should work fine.

OK! that answers that!
Does anyone extrude hone anymore? If it bothers you you could have that done to your present exhaust manifolds and have all that smoothed out.

Great idea... these guys do. Look as some of these pics! AMAZING results. I emailed for a quote.

Photo & Video Gallery - Extrude Hone AFM

Back