NOT MINE 1968 Newport - Not Mine

Fratzog

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
The following ad seems to represent a reasonably solid project car (for Canada).

Link:

Seller Description:

1968 Chrysler Newport 2 door fast top​

$7,500
Yes, 24k is the original mileage! This '68 Newport sat in a field for 35 years in Alberta before finding its way to Ontario. The 383 2 bbl big block sings and rumbles, the Torqueflite 3 speed leaks, but is strong and shifts through all 3 gears perfectly! The power steering is the definition of easy, 1 finger power steering even though it will also leave drips on the ground. The cooling system is brown but i have been running cleaner through it which is improving it, i have sat in traffic with it though with no problems! rad has almost no bent fins! The power drum brakes work fantastically! The gas tank was very dirty inside. I cleaned it, put it back and have been running double filters to finish off what i missed, just switched to a single filter as it is working. The interior was eaten by mice except the vinyl, the body and frame from the middle forward is perfect, rust free, amazing, i didn't know classic cars could be that good! from the middle back is however not quite as perfect. it has typical rust in the trunk corners, but barely any, and of course the dents on the sides. body guys have told me they'd have no problem fixing those, not sure if it was bragging or truth though, i'm not a body work expert. the chrome is damn near perfect. there are some electrical things which don't work, but some do, like the heating system, and the front and rear defrost. Paint is original and really shines up after some polishing! rims and tires are new as well! i have new carpet for it, lots of minor components in the trunk as well. Don't bother bringing a trailer you can drive it home, or i will deliver for asking price (within a reasonable distance and only after a deposit). asking price being a meagre $8,000 (obo i guess) not interested in trades, selling because i have 3 cars and 2 parking spaces
1703450947959.png

1703450975065.png

1703450999503.png

1703451021132.png

1703451047942.png

1703451079695.png

1703451102318.png

1703451124819.png

1703451147948.png

1703451172468.png

Fred, this car was at Moparfest this summer and did not present well for the price.
Everything has to be touched and gone through.
Looking back, this car has been for sale for over a year and the owner has only come down 500 bucks.
There are many more on Kijiji for a lower price and in better condition.

Merry Christmas

Fred, this car was at Moparfest this summer and did not present well for the price.
Everything has to be touched and gone through.
Looking back, this car has been for sale for over a year and the owner has only come down 500 bucks.
There are many more on Kijiji for a lower price and in better condition.

Merry Christmas
Not surprising, having "sat in a field for 35 years", still, better than I would have thought.

Not surprising, having "sat in a field for 35 years", still, better than I would have thought.
Who leaves a car out in a field for 35 years that only has less than 25 thousand miles on it? Based on what I saw, close up; in my opinion the odometer has rolled over and the current owner was told a fib. It was parked close to Boydsdodge's TUX so being a 67 Newport owner I was drawn to it and was told that it had only 25k on the O. I looked in and around the car, read his little sign but did not look under the car, a lot of " Oh MY's" went through my head and not in a good way, the owner stood there with his arms crossed and did not offer any insight.
I walked away with that gut feeling of , no way , can't be true vagely remembering that it was posted on Kijiji for about a year already and that it was breifly on my saved searches.
Currently there are 3 to 4 slabbies on Kijiji Ontario alone that look better for way less money as mentioned before. To me it's a $3500 to $4000 CDN car at most.
I hope the fellow sells his car but there are reasons why the car is not selling.

Back