For Sale 1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Hardtop, 520" Stroker. $25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I already posted a what is it worth thread so please post any"suggestions" there. https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/what’s-it-worth-1968-sport-fury-2-door-hdtp-w-520”-stroker.77544/#post-1161971

I’m selling my ‘68 Sport Fury to fund the restoration of my ‘71 Sport Fury GT. $25,000.

520” pump gas 9.9 compression stroker professionally built by the late Nick Wilson at Compu Flo. Built to be a street driven car and to have fun in the drag race in stock appearing, stock tire class racing like F.A.S.T.. Best ET 13.45 in the quarter mile @ 96+ MPH on G70/15 bias ply red line tires with a 3.73 professionally built sure grip pumpkin, a driver that was still in the learning phase and a transmission that when in drive, upshifted into second very quickly. Custom made driveshaft loop. TTI 2.5” exhaust, Edelbrock non-choke carb, ignition module with a built in rev limiter.

Custom grind cam based on the engine specs and the flow of the ported heads.

Stock appearing engine compartment with correct 1968 intake and HP exhaust manifolds.

Brand new column shift 727 transmission that cost over $3,200, built by a transmission shop that builds transmissions for race cars and high performance cars. Deep cast pan, shifts firm.

Holley electric blue fuel pump feeds a fuel pressure regulator that feeds a Carter high volume mechanical pump.

4 core, narrow fin 22” radiator recently rodded out, full coolant system chemical flush done last fall.

52,000 miles on the chassis. Body & Paint done in 1998 & is holding up well. Engine compartment painted about 8 years ago before the engine was installed. Maybe 1,000 miles on the engine. About 12 - 15 days drag racing.

Close to $20,000 invested in mechanicals including a front disc brake conversion that uses 1973 rotors and 1970 - 1973 calipers. Equipped with a line lock.

Interior is 100% original with some fading, one seam opened up, the seat foam is disintegrating, some of the piping on the driver's seat has come loose. Good dash pad, seat backs are not perfect but I may have spares.

If you are not a fan of the skirts, I do have NOS non-skirt rear wheel opening moldings that could be negotiated into a sale.

A lot of NOS trim on this car. Turn key car with a few nicks/chips.

I and others believe that an experienced racer could get this car into the 12’s with some suspension work or just install drag radials as the car is traction limited and will spin the tires half way down the quarter mile if launched hard.

I will add more photos and the results from a chassis dyno tuning session 4 years ago as well as engine build info.

Questions welcome. Car is located in North Carolina between Charlotte and Mooresville.

img_1454-jpeg.jpg

img_1453-jpeg.jpg

img_1452-jpeg.jpg

img_0617-jpeg.jpg

img_0117-jpeg.jpg

img_0329-jpeg.jpg

img_0125-jpeg.jpg

More photos. I also have some videos that I am going to try to post somewhere and post the links to them.

IMG_2019.jpeg

IMG_2020.jpeg

IMG_2023.jpeg

IMG_2026.jpeg

IMG_2021.jpeg

IMG_2022.jpeg

IMG_2017.jpeg

IMG_2016.jpeg

Chassic Dyno Results & engine build estimate. Ignore car information on the data page from the dump - above where it lists a Camaro it lists my car. They forgot to change one entry. I can’t find the final invoice for the engine build, it cost more but no major changes were made to what is listed on the estimate uploaded.

Jannetty Racing Dyno Chart.jpg
IMG_2028.jpeg
IMG_2027.jpeg
IMG_2029.jpeg

Last edited:
I would really like to see this car go to someone on here. I have 2 people interested from Facebook. On guy is coming in 2 weeks to see the car.

I will be swapping the current tires, wheels and wheel covers for 15 x 7 Magnum 500 wheels and new 235/70R-15 tires later this week and will post an updated photo. I will be bringing this car to Carlisle to sell.

This car will be for sale at Carlisle in swap meet space G126, wearing brand new 15 x 7 Magum 500 wheels and new Hancock 237/70 R15 tires.

IMG_2155.jpeg
IMG_2154.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back