NOT MINE 1969 Dodge Monaco 4dr sedan on eBay

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
DL41F9R273436 is billed as a cop car, but it looks like a clone to me (one cue is the F5 paint code on the fender tag). From the ad (I have added some punctuation to make it more readable):

"1969 dodge Polara police car. All original lights work siren works but needs new switch. 318 motor top haft been rebuild bottom part of motor has low compression but still runs and drives just needs time to warm up. Car from Michigan and served as a Detroit police car. I put the Illinois state police decals on it. many new parts under the hood. sold as is no warranty"

s-l16002.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

s-l16006.jpg

s-l16007.jpg

s-l160011.jpg

s-l160010.jpg

s-l160014.jpg

fender tag.jpg

Thanks chief.

For this one? Because the car is NOT self-evidencing (no evidence of "factory" fleet equipment), I'd need documentation from city of Detroit that said it was in police "service".

All those words mean, to me, "it could have been in police service, which makes it (with documented proof, not a Ford Interceptor emblem on the trunk, and the other trinkets, etc.,) a "police car", but it's NOT police-equipped "pursuit-class" rig from the factory that appeal to me most"

Clone? Prolly, in the absence of documentation, no other evidence is persuasive to me.

NOT saying its NOT nice .. just it doesn't have collectible value to me.

Hope it does well wherever it winds up.

It was built at the Windsor plant. I've never seen any documentation that the Windsor plant made 'fleet' cars; especially for a car made to be sold and used in the US.

It does not appear to carry a fleet car VON.

fender tag.jpg

It was built at the Windsor plant. I've never seen any documentation that the Windsor plant made 'fleet' cars; especially for a car made to be sold and used in the US.
That was my thinking as well. That is why I said one cue -- this (and the steering wheel) are others.

It's back on ebay.
No mention of the low-compression issue in the brokers exhaustive 30-point inspection.
Engine condition is fully detailed in item 22, so bid with confidence!

1969 Dodge Polara | eBay

1708389943278.png

Back