NOT MINE 1969 Monaco hardtop in OKC $17,500

Why do you say that? I dont see anything really out of place. Cragars = cool. Engine, should be Turquoise, but it's still an acceptable shade for a mopar.

Only thing I'm seeing I dont like is the battery wiring/fusible link hanging way down on the inner fender.

I.ll rather pay 10k for the green than 7,5k for the beige/white ice cake....:lol:

And the silver painted items should be orange. Otherwise what's the big deal?

Or are we picking to pick?

Better buy this one , better colors and price..........

40-Yard-Stud-Wall-Roll-Off-1623730762.jpg

And the silver painted items should be orange. Otherwise what's the big deal?

Or are we picking to pick?

I rebuilt the 383, it is bored .030 over , when I tore the motor down, it was very clean like the owners before me changed the oil regularly.
I put in quality engine components, Keith Black pistons, Edlebrock performer intake, double roller timing chain, Competition Cam that has a little more lift than what came from the factory, not too radical, Hastings rings, new cam bearings, rod and main bearing, windage tray, new electronic ignition, Fel Pro gaskets , and topped it off with a brand new Edlebrock performer 800 CFM Carb., I will soon be swapping the Edlebrock carb for a Holley 4160 , 750 CFM just to compare performance, I'm thinking I will like the Holley better!
A lot of money was put into the heads with all new valves, guides , heavy duty springs, and keepers, 3 angle valve job and hardened seats were installed to run unleaded gas.
some of the other things I have done since I had the car, just installed new rear KYB shocks on the rear, the front are good, it had one bad tie rod end but I replaced all 4 of them. I was told that the transmission was rebuilt from the previous owner but I completely flushed it, added new fluid and filter , and installed a brand new TCI pan with drain plug. brand new radiator and water pump, and a new power steering pump , and new battery, and new Master cylinder
I have the original wheels and hub caps with like new tires, I installed brand new tires on 15" Cragar 5 spoke mags
The car is a factory A/C car but most of these components were removed, if I keep the car I will put Vintage air in.
The car will need interior work done, and to really make it nice a new paint job. I have a much better dash pad and instrument cluster that will go with the car
Just added new Dynomax super turbo mufflers and stepped up to a 2 1/2 inch exhaust coming out of the muffler.
Exhaust leading up to the muffler is 2 1/4 inch
The exhaust manifolds are the factory High performance manifolds that are getting hard to find!
These cars are very rare in this condition with matching numbers , and the value is only going to go up.
Yes this car is a 4 door but it is a hardtop, and that makes it that much more desirable than a post car.
If you are interested and serious about the car you will need to email me through Craigslist and leave your number
This will weed out scammers, tire kickers, and people that are just not serious about buying.
Thanks for looking!
$17500 or best offer

There was nothing wrong with it. He undid original and expects someone to pay for it. A rebuilt engine to me , going into a purchase is a high mileage engine that needs to be rebuilt. By that I mean, I don't know what's done or how well. NOW I gotta have it redone to be sure it's right. Whereas it already was from the factory.
Stupid Cragars, air is removed. ....if he can't get the colors right what makes you think he can get torque specs right?

I rebuilt the 383, it is bored .030 over , when I tore the motor down, it was very clean like the owners before me changed the oil regularly.
I put in quality engine components, Keith Black pistons, Edlebrock performer intake, double roller timing chain, Competition Cam that has a little more lift than what came from the factory, not too radical, Hastings rings, new cam bearings, rod and main bearing, windage tray, new electronic ignition, Fel Pro gaskets , and topped it off with a brand new Edlebrock performer 800 CFM Carb., I will soon be swapping the Edlebrock carb for a Holley 4160 , 750 CFM just to compare performance, I'm thinking I will like the Holley better!
A lot of money was put into the heads with all new valves, guides , heavy duty springs, and keepers, 3 angle valve job and hardened seats were installed to run unleaded gas.
some of the other things I have done since I had the car, just installed new rear KYB shocks on the rear, the front are good, it had one bad tie rod end but I replaced all 4 of them. I was told that the transmission was rebuilt from the previous owner but I completely flushed it, added new fluid and filter , and installed a brand new TCI pan with drain plug. brand new radiator and water pump, and a new power steering pump , and new battery, and new Master cylinder
I have the original wheels and hub caps with like new tires, I installed brand new tires on 15" Cragar 5 spoke mags
The car is a factory A/C car but most of these components were removed, if I keep the car I will put Vintage air in.
The car will need interior work done, and to really make it nice a new paint job. I have a much better dash pad and instrument cluster that will go with the car
Just added new Dynomax super turbo mufflers and stepped up to a 2 1/2 inch exhaust coming out of the muffler.
Exhaust leading up to the muffler is 2 1/4 inch
The exhaust manifolds are the factory High performance manifolds that are getting hard to find!
These cars are very rare in this condition with matching numbers , and the value is only going to go up.
Yes this car is a 4 door but it is a hardtop, and that makes it that much more desirable than a post car.
If you are interested and serious about the car you will need to email me through Craigslist and leave your number
This will weed out scammers, tire kickers, and people that are just not serious about buying.
Thanks for looking!
$17500 or best offer

There was nothing wrong with it. He undid original and expects someone to pay for it. A rebuilt engine to me , going into a purchase is a high mileage engine that needs to be rebuilt. By that I mean, I don't know what's done or how well. NOW I gotta have it redone to be sure it's right. Whereas it already was from the factory.
Stupid Cragars, air is removed. ....if he can't get the colors right what makes you think he can get torque specs right?
You are over analyzing this. The thought process is understandable, to deem the engine needing to be back opened up though is really reaching. You'd have to hear it run, see oil pressure on a gauge, see actual operating temps etc. Building a good engine really isn't hard. Some people like orange better than turquoise.

You are being extremely critical for never seeing the car in person.

What's holding the car back is the number of doors, ugly color combo, and dash/seats.

The color is fine, interior is cool. Yes, number of doors.

No not over analyzing it. There was nothing wrong with it before this flipper. Now, whatever is wrong and what has to be checked.

s-l1600-7.jpg
00808_1ajMgOPPVQd_0ww0oo_1200x900.jpg

Honestly, you are being picky to be picky. I understand the thought of, "damn I didn't do it, so it might not be right" however, it IS likely built right. Sounds like he used good stuff on his build and again, sure it's the wrong color...but I'd much rather work with this vs a greasy 50+ year old pig that needs valve seals, a timing chain, rings and bearings ETC. If the vitals are good, oil PSI, operating temp, no noises, oil consumption or smoking WHY would it need to be opened up?

It looks much better now, and I'd wager it runs better now too. If someone HADTA fix it, couple cans of oven cleaner and a weekend or twos worth of work, this engine bay would be easily made correct for a purist like yourself.

The above photo shows AC bits removed already, it had a crappy, inadequate spectra radiator before the nice aluminum champion that likely works better then the previous one. Otherwise there's not much different. I'd say the seller did good by this car and wants to move it along for someone to take it the extra mile.

The only part I can think of wondering...did he use comp lifters? Was the cam broken in properly? Lots of info about comp lifter failures in recent years...however...lots of success too.

This is the reality of classic car ownership. Undoing what someone may or may not have done.

I do hope you find your unmolested ragtop or the right 2 or 4 door. I can't wait to pick it apart.

This is the reality of classic car ownership. Undoing what someone may or may not have done.

Of course.

It was bought to flip, fine.
However, there was nothing
wrong with this car the way it was. You wanna add your touches, fine sure. Don't expect someone to pay for that as you now intend to fill your pockets.
Only if it had been restored can you do that.
AND anyone can name stuff. Is it in there? YOU don't know.

Donzo with this horse.

Mid winter is a hard time to sell a car. Pretty nice looking in the pics and asking price is an optimistic starting point for negotiations. Agree with Dave any time you buy something with a rebuilt engine. It would be worth the money to have a good mechanic you trust inspect it before you pull the trigger.

Back