1970 300 dash harness

Great thread; thanks!

I’ve roughly reinstalled the dash harness and will now start playing with reconnecting everything.
In the wiring harness is the head light door relay on a long bracket with a screw hole in the end.
This obviously mounts somewhere specifically under the dash; can anyone help me out with where?

E99F67E2-56FE-4F42-8175-D2DBF3F167AF.jpeg

Great thread; thanks!

I’ve roughly reinstalled the dash harness and will now start playing with reconnecting everything.
In the wiring harness is the head light door relay on a long bracket with a screw hole in the end.
This obviously mounts somewhere specifically under the dash; can anyone help me out with where?

View attachment 482429
It's kind of screwy where it fastens.
The front lower corner of the dash with the relay up and the bracket vertical. Let's say it gets the relay close to the switches.

Yellow is the relay and red is the bracket.

relay2.jpg

So I’ve got the dash harness back in and I’m playing with figuring out all of the connections using the shop manual.
I must be missing something obvious, but in the middle of the dash harness in behind the radio area is this large white multi pin connector, with a single black wire with a factory single connector coming out of the harness beside it.
I can’t seem to figure out where this should connect to.
Can anyone enlighten me?

6E6A614D-0F6D-4C31-8656-BB0083EF5A96.jpeg

I think that's part of the A/C harness. I assume you have a FSM (if not, download one at Service Manuals – MyMopar )

Go to page 8-119 and I think it is view Y and plugs into Z. Check the wire colors going into the plug and I'll bet they match.

upload_2021-8-21_20-30-24.png

I do have a FSM which is what I am using to decipher the original harness. I have a colour wiring diagram on order that should be here any day. I’ve used them with all of the vehicles I have restored over the years and they are fantastic.
Right now I am making due staring at the black and white FSM diagrams.

my car is a non AC car; I wonder if they installed the same dash harness in all cars, and then didn’t use the AC connection in non AC cars?

my car is a non AC car; I wonder if they installed the same dash harness in all cars, and then didn’t use the AC connection in non AC cars?

Very possible. I've seen a lot of that type of stuff.

But if so, still match the wire colors to the plug in view Y to be sure.

Turns out that connector is for the mini harness for all of the bulbs for the back of the gauge cluster.
I’m slowly working my way through and figuring things out.

Back