For Sale 1970 C-body rear axle assy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wollfen

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
This came out of a big block fury and has 2.76 gears in it with an open center. It comes complete drum to drum for $250 plus shipping. I can ship via fastenal.

2.76 diff.jpg

This came out of a big block fury and has 2.76 gears in it with an open center. It comes complete drum to drum for $250 plus shipping. I can ship via fastenal.

View attachment 85165

Gary!

I think the diff is exactly what I need, since mine just blew up from a bearing going bad, and it roached the housing beyond repair.

Rip

Lol, You know, that thing has been sitting in the corner for months and only this morning it occurred to me to put it up for sale, either thats the gods speaking or oh hell I dunno. :p Let me know what you would like to do.
Gary!

I think the diff is exactly what I need, since mine just blew up from a bearing going bad, and it roached the housing beyond repair.

Rip

Gary!

Rip
I just thought if something, your car is a 66, that means my housing i wider. I do have an earlier housing and axles you can have for $100. Food for thought.

I just thought if something, your car is a 66, that means my housing i wider. I do have an earlier housing and axles you can have for $100. Food for thought.

That is even better. But I thought all the housings were the same for a C-body from '66 thru '73. Is that not true ?

That is even better. But I thought all the housings were the same for a C-body from '66 thru '73. Is that not true ?
Nope the later production 69 fuseys then later fuseys had a two inch+ wider axles. So yeah my 68 unit would suit you best.

Nope the later production 69 fuseys then later fuseys had a two inch+ wider axles. So yeah my 68 unit would suit you best.

Mighty fine, Gary! Does your 68 housing have only the axles and no gears? And how does that Fastenall shipping thing work ? In any event, I would like to take you up on your offer.

Last edited:
Mighty fine, Gary! Does your 68 housing have only the axles and no gears? And how does that Fastenall shipping thing work ? In any event, I would like to take you up on your offer.
Yup, no diff center and no brakes. Regarding Fastenal, they have a shipping page, either I or you can request a quote once we weigh and measure the package.

Hey Wollfen, I'd be interested in the center section only if you still have it. This is my first time on FCBO, but I've been on FBBO for years & I'm there almost every day, so please look me up over there under "PurpleBeeper". Thank you sir

Hey Wollfen, I'd be interested in the center section only if you still have it. This is my first time on FCBO, but I've been on FBBO for years & I'm there almost every day, so please look me up over there under "PurpleBeeper". Thank you sir
Sorry Beeper, the center section has been sold. I may have another up for sale in a couple of months once the weather gets warmer.

Sorry Beeper, the center section has been sold. I may have another up for sale in a couple of months once the weather gets warmer.

Thanks Wolfen for the heads up. If you do end up with another 489 case with 2.76 gears, please look for me over at For B-Bodies Only. I plan to build a "street motor" in the Spring so I can take the family on trips in the car. Thanks, PurpleBeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back