NOT MINE 1970 Chrysler 300 - $18,500 (Southington) Hurst ?

coco

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a genuine car or not, expect you guys will ! thought it may be of interest as not seen it posted.

No idea if a good price either :wideyed:

1659791998865.png

1659792020665.png

1659792058626.png

1659792084903.png

Very interesting!

The only oddity I see is the very incorrect passenger mirror, which is understandable that someone may have added it 35 years ago, and notice that the paint color is "close" to the Satin Tan, meaning it was painted at a different time than the car. A cloner wouldn't do that. If this car is a clone, someone went to a LOT of trouble a LONG time ago to do so. With about $45K of work (depending on rust issues or not) this could be a nice car. Wish we had more pics and that fender tag. Anybody want to ask the seller for more info and get back to us?

The hood has the same slight "fitment" issues as mine does, such as the passenger rear corner being slightly up and simply can't be adjusted to be even with the fender. As you can see in this pic, my hinge has been fiddled with many times over the years to try and get it right.
IMG_2084.JPG

Here you can see that hood issue on my car. If I remember to push the corner down after I close the hood, the unevenness is reduced by half....slop in the hinge pivots. I figure that a steel hood is so much heavier that it lowers itself on the pivot slop. Of the ten or so Hursts I've examined, most of them had the same fitment issues. Decklids (which are 100% fiberglass) also had similar warpage for the most part.

IMG_6190.JPG

Also--That Imperial interior most certainly marks this as a non-clone....unless someone took it out of some OTHER Imperial a long time ago. Again, not likely.

I had a good back and forth with the owner via txt but his best price is $18k which is just too much for me.

Fender tag decoded:
CM23:
Chrysler
Medium
2 Door Hardtop

U0C: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Jefferson Avenue, MI, USA

207568: Sequence number

E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D32: Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission
EW1: White (Dodge), Alpine White (Plymouth), Spinnaker White (Chrysler & Imperial) Exterior Color
M6T5: Trim - Opt. Decor Group, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Tan
FT6: Dark Tan Metallic (Dodge), Burnt Tan Metallic (Plymouth), Deep Bronze Metallic (Chrysler & Imperial) Int. Door Frames
125: Build Date: January 25
J99605: Order number

EW1: White (Dodge), Alpine White (Plymouth), Spinnaker White (Chrysler & Imperial) Top Color
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
R13: Deluxe AM Radio (5 1/2 Watts)
P31: Power Windows

L31: Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals
P45: Power Deck Lid Release
G21: Clear Glass (with ac)
P28: Power Left/Right Front Seat

B41: Front Disc Brakes w/Standard 10in RR Drum
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
V78: Accent Stripes, Deleted

Y39: Special Order
A12: 69 only 440 Six Pack Engine Package

Yep, note also the Jan. 25, 1970 SBD.

PS: Has CM23U0C207568 sold?

I was still messaging with the owner as recently as Monday so as far as I know it's still available. I did see that the CL listing finally expired. If anyone else is interested I could ask the owner's permission to share his number and reply in a PM. Or I could let him know others are interested and ask him to repost the listing.

It has had awful lot of bondo batching up done to it halfway. Both rear quarters (yucks), rear window surrounds, the drivers side front fender... It takes a lot of dollars to fix those up correctly, and consequently should be way below 10K car in that condition.

Didn't know the Hust models had automatic transmisions, I thought the whole idead of having a Hurst was to have that manual stick for the fun of it all!

Unless I am wrong, these only came with automatics. Can someone tell me I'm wrong?

Unless I am wrong, these only came with automatics. Can someone tell me I'm wrong?

If you ever come across a Hurst magazine article from the past, every one of them mentions the irony of there not being a Hurst shifter in the car.

However, that was the original plan that George presented to Chrysler.....all cars would be automatic and have a console shifter (which was a factory option on other Chryslers, too), but would have Hurst equipment doing the shifting instead of OEM stuff. But the added cost and delays in making decisions in time to make production (and I've heard of other possible factors) ended the consideration for a true Hurst shifter.

Back