1970 Dodge Monaco

KingsMonaco

Reaction score
Hi
New to the forum. I'm in New Zealand and have owned this 1970 Dodge Monaco 4 door hardtop for 33 years.
I have just about finished a full restoration. The car was originally purchased new by the Principality of Tonga for use by the King of Tonga. It was imported into New Zealand and sat unused in a barn for several years until I purchased it.
I have replaced all rubber ware, lenses and fittings with NOS items. Interior upholstery has been redone just doing final assembly
The one part that eludes me at the moment is a gas tank filler neck.

Peter

20180429_113647.jpg

20180429_113619.jpg

20221204_202629.jpg

Welcome @KingsMonaco — look forward to more posts about your royal (not Royal!) Monaco.

@CBODY67 owns a 1970 Monaco. I have a’71.

G'Day!
A Crazy Thought from the Other Side of the Ditch.
If All Else Fails See if You Can Get an Exhaust Fella to Bend you Up a Neck.
When You See Some of the Work They Do to Make a Set of Extractors I Figure Nothing Can Beat Them.
Kind Regards Tony.M

@KingsMonaco -- I looked for a filler neck for my 1973 NYB a couple of years ago, and could not find any NOS or reproduction unit. I ended up saving mine. If you go used, there may be several people on the site who may be able to find one for you. I would post a "wanted" ad in the appropriate section of the site. If that does not work, then you could email Murray Park in Ohio.

PS: Here are several members who may have parts (there are others, apologies to those I missed): @70 Sport Suburban @C Body Bob @kyle340 @hemi71x

PPS: one of 19 N-code 1970 Polara convertibles is in NZ. DL27N0D177316 was, AFAIK, last for sale in Dunedin in 2015.

Last edited:
Its been awhile since my first post but things have progressed. Enjoying fitting lots of NOS parts.
Imported a new fuel tank. Just waiting on getting the front bumper back from the electroplated.

Great to see the progress. Does the car have a data plate / fender tag on the radiator support?

Back