1971 Newport Custom *57k Orig miles* NICE! / Portland OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles71Newport

Reaction score
Contact seller
For Sale, By Owner:

Rare 1971 Chrysler Newport Custom (Higher level model)
•57k ORIGINAL miles -Yes.-- VERY low miles! - no smoke, strange noises, etc.
•Factory 383 cubic inch V8 Engine (Runs great!), with 4 Barrel Carter carburetor
•Automatic Trans (Torqueflite 727 Heavy Duty 3-speed - shifts excellent and does NOT display any clunking, etc. when engaging into gear!) - Driveline in excellent shape!
•Extremely Clean!
•Factory Hard Top model! (No icky vinyl roof to maintain!)
•Immacuate ORIGINAL green vinyl interior (Excellent seats, headliner, dash, etc.). an easy 9.0/10. NO Sun damage. (only a few small minor blemishes/discoloration in carpet, etc). Car was garaged and it shows!
•ORGINAL INVOICE/BILL OF SALE! and manuals/documentaion! - From the dealership 1971! The invoice is in pristine, new shape!
•Purchased originally in Washington state - has always been a NW Car
•Virtually no rust! (amazing but true!)
•Excellent Chrome! (a 9/10 -- small dent in rear bumper)
•90% Original glossy paint - some minor discoloration on rear drivers side fender) *No Body Damage*
•Tires are great - plenty of tread- Includes Factory original hubcaps!
•Excellent Brakes
•Original AM Radio works great!

•NEW (In my ownership):
-Exhaust (both mufflers), from the excellent A-1 muffer in SW Portland
-Complete coolant flush
-Oil Change
-Alternator and [Mopar Restoration-class] Voltage Regulator

•Clean Title in My Name - (will need tags) - DEQ Exempt! (Due to it being a 1971!)
•Car has washington Plates but if you're an Oregon buyer I will include a Set of period-correct vintage Blue Oregon License plates, (visible in some of the pics). which look at home on this car.

PRICE: There have been a few recent examples of Newports and other Full size vintage Chryslers for sale on here locally - between $2500- $3500, all with more miles, and none of which in as good shape, (in my opinion). I encourage you to try to find a cleaner example for this price range.
Asking $2600/offers certainly welcome. May also trade for "interesting" cars (ie, older european Bmw/Peugeot/Audi/MB/etc from 70's-90's) - I am a mechanic/tech on the side and can answer any specific question(s) you may have on the car - just email me and i will be happy to help! You may also reach me at: (503) 998-4041
photo-5.jpg

photo-9.jpg

Additional photos can be found here: http://photobucket.com/71Chrysler

Looks nice and probably worth every penny and then some.

I am thoroughly convinced that the nicest cars are from the Northwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back