SOLD 1972 Dodge Polara Custom 2Dr $1000 obo

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllettMC

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey Folks,

Selling my 1972 Polara Custom. Time for me to move onto the next project. I have another C-body project lined up, and I need to clear up space. This one is just too much rust/metalwork for me. Would make a stellar parts donor for a more solid car.

1972 Dodge Polara Custom 2dr Hardtop

2x Lemons Rally Veteran (Retreat from Moscow 2018 and 2019)

360 Motor runs strong and 727 trans shifts great. It has been driven thousands of miles in the past few years with nary a hiccup.

TLDR: Mechanically well sorted Polara with significant rust that can be a great donor car for another project, or a steal if you're *very* confident in your metal-working skills

Plenty of recent maintenance and new parts in it:
New Plugs/Wires
MSD Ignition Box
New Voltage Regulator
New Alternator
Accessory Belts
Neutral Lockout Switch
Brand new Spectra Gas Tank/straps
New Fuel Sender
727 Trans Pan w/Drain Plug
Brand new Edelbrock 650 AVS Carb
New Reman Starter
New Preformed Stainless Fuel Lines (not installed)
New Driveshaft U-Joints
New Coker all-season Tires
Previous owner did exhaust (quiet, no exhaust leaks, lots of bailing wire used)

The Bad:
The Wipers have a bad ground in the switch and work intermittently (NOS wiper switch included)
The Heater is stuck in the on position because of a cracked water valve (NOS water valve included). This was never a problem with winter rallies, but is simple to rectify.
The Rust - I make no bones about it, this Polara is rusty. It still has solid floors and trunk-pan in it. It presents well in pictures, and the glorious 70's green/brown color shines up nicely, but there is significant rust in most body panels that would have been exposed to salt. Front Fenders, Rockers, Rear fenders all have rust-through at the bottom. The rear frame rails have some rust-through, and the front subframe is badly rusted.

Plenty of spare parts will go with it, including an extra battery, dog dish hubcaps, etc.

Trades Considered. $1000 OBO - Special Discount for Lemons if you're going to weld a cage in it and take it racing.

37789992_10155832447717896_304427758681849856_o.jpg

KIMG0813.JPG

KIMG0814.JPG

KIMG0815.JPG

KIMG0816.JPG

KIMG0817.JPG

KIMG0818.JPG

KIMG0819.JPG

KIMG0820.JPG

Can you post some pictures of the rusty areas. It really does present well in pictures but it would be nice to understand the amount of rust.
How about a fender tag picture?

Hello. I just made an account here to post a reply to this thread, expressing some interest I may have in this old Dodge. Could you PM me some photos of the trouble areas with the frame and subframe? I actually wouldn't be against the idea of taking this 72 on as a little project to tool around with while my Charger's in shop for engine work. Thanks

I would have jumped on this so fast if it was even remotely close to me. Well over 1000 dollars worth of recent parts, with a nice but rusty car attached. Kudos to the seller for their upfrontness.

does someone have a close to NYC storage garage?
I could buy it and drive it each year to Carlisle instead of an ugly rental car

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back