WANTED 1972 dodge polara front valance

Status
Not open for further replies.

72polarbear

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for the front valance for a 1972 dodge polara. Because it’s plastic I don’t expect much to be available, so is it possible that the valance from a different body Chrysler or even a different manufacturer? Could the valance from another cbody trimmed and cut work as well? It’s about 71 inches from one fender to the other

I don't know of any valance that can be modified to fit, try Murray Park 419-448-0293, he has a lot of C body parts.

Those are unobtainium in good condition, if memory serves. @saforwardlook
Because they were mounted low in the front and subject to hitting curbs or pavement in large dips, virtually all of them are gone by now.

Dodge division also cheaped out in 1973 and made the 1973 Polara/Monaco rear valences out of plastic to save stamping costs for a one year only model before the change to formals in the following year, to make them out of metal. So they too are very hard to find. If you can find a fairly local Polara/Monaco with a plastic valence either front or rear, your best bet is to have a good body/paint guy make you one out of metal by copying one if you can find someone with a good one that would allow you to copy it. That is what I did otherwise my car would still be without one.

Here is a discussion as to what I finally ended up doing for my 1973 Monaco.

For Sale - Need to Know Interest in a Reproduction Rear Valence for a 1973 Dodge Polara/Monaco

The search engine on this site isn't the best so a lot of these discussions go by the wayside

In the above thread, I proposed having my paint/body guy make some reproductions but I received only sparse interest so he moved on to other work that would be more profitable instead of making some dies to do these in some volume.

Last edited:
Because they were mounted low in the front and subject to hitting curbs or pavement in large dips, virtually all of them are gone by now.

Dodge division also cheaped out in 1973 and made the 1973 Polara/Monaco rear valences out of plastic to save stamping costs for a one year only model before the change to formals in the following year, to make them out of metal. So they too are very hard to find. If you can find a fairly local Polara/Monaco with a plastic valence either front or rear, your best bet is to have a good body/paint guy make you one out of metal by copying one if you can find someone with a good one that would allow you to copy it. That is what I did otherwise my car would still be without one.

Here is a discussion as to what I finally ended up doing for my 1973 Monaco.

For Sale - Need to Know Interest in a Reproduction Rear Valence for a 1973 Dodge Polara/Monaco

The search engine on this site isn't the best so a lot of these discussions go by the wayside

In the above thread, I proposed having my paint/body guy make some reproductions but I received only sparse interest so he moved on to other work that would be more profitable instead of making some dies to do these in some volume.
I have a spare rear valance from a parts car, so you think it would be possible to mount to the front with some work? I know some people that can help me with working out some brackets for the turn signals and eventually make a die for it

I have a spare rear valance from a parts car, so you think it would be possible to mount to the front with some work? I know some people that can help me with working out some brackets for the turn signals and eventually make a die for it

I really do not think that would be a likely possibility since they are so different. On a 1971 Polara the rear valence is metal as you probably know and it just isn't close enough to make it work for the front in my judgment.

Looking for the front valance for a 1972 dodge polara. Because it’s plastic I don’t expect much to be available, so is it possible that the valance from a different body Chrysler or even a different manufacturer? Could the valance from another cbody trimmed and cut work as well? It’s about 71 inches from one fender to the other

I actually bought a 1972 Dodge Polara Custom that is very much like the one you have. Here is the thread on the one I bought (I would have posted it earlier but the search engine in this site is its most significant weakness IMO so I had to get creative to finally track it down):

NOT MINE - 1972 Dodge Polara Coupe - $3,000 - Dallas, Texas

In a couple years if I am still able, I want to restore mine and it too will need a new metal fabricated front valence, i.e. one made out of steel. Many years ago I bought an nos front left (or maybe right, not sure) and it is of course plastic but in new condition. I bought it so that my body/paint guy could use it to fabricate both sides of that two piece plastic one (they meet in the middle) by copying this nos side and doing a mirror image of the other side also in steel so that I would have a like new front valence.

Because he is really good at what he does, he is booked up for some time but eventually he will make me one out of metal and I could just ask him to make you one too when doing mine. The hard part is that it will likely be two years before I can get him to fabricate one for both of us.

I actually bought a 1972 Dodge Polara Custom that is very much like the one you have. Here is the thread on the one I bought (I would have posted it earlier but the search engine in this site is its most significant weakness IMO so I had to get creative to finally track it down):

NOT MINE - 1972 Dodge Polara Coupe - $3,000 - Dallas, Texas

In a couple years if I am still able, I want to restore mine and it too will need a new metal fabricated front valence, i.e. one made out of steel. Many years ago I bought an nos front left (or maybe right, not sure) and it is of course plastic but in new condition. I bought it so that my body/paint guy could use it to fabricate both sides of that two piece plastic one (they meet in the middle) by copying this nos side and doing a mirror image of the other side also in steel so that I would have a like new front valence.

Because he is really good at what he does, he is booked up for some time but eventually he will make me one out of metal and I could just ask him to make you one too when doing mine. The hard part is that it will likely be two years before I can get him to fabricate one for both of us.
That would be amazing I have a chunk of the valance from the drivers side remaining from my parts car and if needed I’ll gladly send out if it might help.

That would be amazing I have a chunk of the valance from the drivers side remaining from my parts car and if needed I’ll gladly send out if it might help.

To make things easier to fabricate, I might ask him to make it a single piece valence rather than the two piece that shouldn't be necessary since a single metal part is easier to fabricate rather than try to make a two piece plastic valence that was probably done by Dodge to save molding cost and maybe to increase its strength especially in the center. The guy I would use will know the best way to make it............................

But at least I do have the one nos side to make the valence from and will keep your offer in mind in case having it would help. It looks like you are not too far away from me either..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back