NOT MINE 1972 Polara Custom 2dr in Colorado (HL4 beige)

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
DM23M2D202147 is listed for sale on Hemmings.

Given the seller's phone number and the location, I believe that he is a member here who owns a substantial collection and has sold several C-bodies in the last few years.

From the ad:

"Very rare C Body Fuselage car. 100% original (note - original wheels with mounted tires and hubcaps are in the trunk.

Only 96,044 original miles and two owners! First 40 years with the same family in California and the last 11-12 years in my garage kept collection in Colorado.

Per the previous owner, the 400 V8 engine had the top end rebuilt (double roller timing gears and chain were installed, new hardened valves and seats were set in and a new 2-barrel carburetor was also installed). A newer heavy duty radiator and new exhaust system (muffler and pipes) were installed as well.

The AC system was retro-fitted to R134A, was recharged and works great. A brand new battery was just installed a couple of days ago. Power brakes (front disc) and power steering. Previous owner was a veteran mechanic and kept this really cool (and rare) C Body automobile in top running shape.

The engine starts right up and idles perfectly. Transmission shifts smoothly and the car runs very, very well, with no issues whatsoever.

The exterior paint color is "Sand" and is somewhat faded. The passenger side front fender was dinged/dented in a minor mishap under the previous ownership. It was repaired and primed, however not repainted to match. The body is rust free and super straight. My goal was to repaint the car, but I never got around to it. The color of the vinyl top is "Chestnut Brown". The top is weathered/faded and a slight build-up can be felt/seen in a couple of spots, otherwise it is in very good to great condition.

The chrome and stainless components are in excellent shape , including the bumpers. The original jack assembly, spare tire (newer) and trunk mat are in good original shape. All glass is in outstanding condition.

The beige/white vinyl upholstery with tan colored dash and carpet are in great condition. A small tear is visible on the driver seat upright and bottom of drivers door. The instrument panel, headliner and side panels are in excellent/outstanding condition. The carpet is in very good to great condition as well. There are about three or four small cracks on top of the dash; bottom left corner shows a minor crack. Overall, this fairly rare car is a fine and dependable driver and near excellent as-is!"

127439712.jpg

127439713.jpg

127439716.jpg

127439788.jpg

127441089.jpg

127441088.jpg

127441090.jpg

127441114.jpg

127441169.jpg

127441175.jpg

Definitely a California car with that smog pump on there.

Needs paint and some work on teh front seat. And whatever is under the VT. And wheels.
Even if those things were already done, I think the asking price would still be a stretch.

1691714323459.png

If I had the 69 the 70 and the 71 I wanted I'd look at this one.
I agree, he's awfully high but it is the nicest 72 on the market.

Back