For Sale 1972 T&C on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. CP46T2C167993 is currently for sale on eBay with a BIN price of $10k. This well-equipped 3-row wagon is said to be rust-free, which is great. It is hard to tell from the pictures whether the paint is B5 True Blue Poly or Q5 Coral Turquoise Poly, but it almost seems like the latter. The fender tag is not provided, which is unfortunate: either color, with what seems to be a D8L3 parchment vinyl split-bench interior, is a fantastic combo. From the ad:

"Up for sale is a 1972 Chrysler Town and Country Wagon. Was purchased new here in Clayton NM by a rancher (hence the hitch). When it was traded in years later it was purchased by the gentleman who has had it for 40 plus years. He was a technician at the dealership at the time. The 2nd owner kept in stored indoors with a large collection of cars for the rest of its life.
The car is equipped with a 440 engine with an automatic transmission. A/C, 8 track player are some of the accessories optioned to the car. These cars are extremely hard to find in any condition and this one is a wonderful car. Everyone who has seen it or ridden in it has been very impressed. It comes with the copy of the original purchase invoice. Clean title.
The car is in fantastic condition for its age. Being a high desert car there is zero rust to be found anywhere.
The interior is intact and shows well. There is a small dent in the drivers front fender shown in the pictures. There is a tear in the front seat, some discoloration of the headrests, some discoloration on the carpet in the passenger front area, sun damage to the rear speaker covers, and the dash has a few cracks.
I went to move the car this morning and the gasket for the accelerator pump finally let go. I currently have a kit ordered and hopefully fixed in the next day or two. I have driven the car and it did run well. As long as the car sat the vacuum booster diaphragm has failed. The brakes still work with no fade or issues but they are stiff without the booster. There is an exhaust leak on the drivers side manifold.
The previous owner was very proud of this car. He was reassuring me, as left with the car, (that if) I put new tires on it he would gladly drive it across the country with no problems."

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16002.jpg

s-l50010.jpg

s-l50011.jpg

s-l50012.jpg

s-l50014.jpg

s-l50016.jpg

s-l50017.jpg

s-l5004.jpg

s-l5005.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think your "fleet" includes a wagon...… just saying...….. for a good "dry" car, it's hard to beat NM...…….

I don't think your "fleet" includes a wagon...… just saying...….. for a good "dry" car, it's hard to beat NM...…….

In order of preference, I would love to find a Dodge wagon (Monaco>Polara, 1971>1970) -- such a car would come ahead of a '72 T&C, of whose fender skirts I am not fond. I almost bought a survivor '70 Monaco wagon two months ago, but the flipper who got to it before i did managed to destroy it when loading the car on a trailer ahead of resale. Big loss for him, bad luck for me too! BTW, if the right '71 T&C came along, I might have a hard time saying no. Same for the right Plymouth wagon :)

Last edited:
Nice wagon but not 10G's nice. Needs paint and woodgrain and who knows what else from sitting. Now maybe if he threw in the A100 van? :lol:

Nice wagon but not 10G's nice. Needs paint and woodgrain and who knows what else from sitting. Now maybe if he threw in the A100 van? :lol:
Chris. Did you ever drive one of those A-100s , Van or Pickup? All the old Harley guyz used to make all the Van Shows in the '60s & '70s and get big $ for their old Kidney Belts and just walk away laughin'. I-Beam front axles ain't for softies yeah know, Jer

Chris. Did you ever drive one of those A-100s , Van or Pickup? All the old Harley guyz used to make all the Van Shows in the '60s & '70s and get big $ for their old Kidney Belts and just walk away laughin'. I-Beam front axles ain't for softies yeah know, Jer
I did Jer. I had a 66 A100 8 door. Yes it was crude but it was a blast to drive. Sold it to a motorcycle customizer in Belgium. It was going to be his shop truck.

I drove all the first gen vans as a teen.
A100, Greenbrier, Econoline... ALL ball breakers. Both in ride and in fixing them.
I had to work on 440 A100's.... :mad::BangHead::mob:

I did Jer. I had a 66 A100 8 door. Yes it was crude but it was a blast to drive. Sold it to a motorcycle customizer in Belgium. It was going to be his shop truck.

I had a daily driver a100 for a while. Rough but no worse than the trucks of the era. 318 3 on the tree. I would love to have one again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back