NOT MINE 1973 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2-dr Ht In Sweden !

coco

Reaction score
This car is for sale in Sweden (been so for a while) and only really posting it up as its so beautiful !

If I had the money ( 195 000 kr )I'd be all over it...

Description is an app translation

1973 model without smog engine - Low mileage in very good condition - completely stainless - about 9600 Swedish miles - new expensive rims with new tires with white stripe - original sheet metal rims are available for those who want them - gold metallic with black vinyl roof without bubbles or drop - 440 engine with properly cut connected to a perfectly changing automatic gearbox - electric lifts rear and front - ac - electric seats - cruise control - modern radio / Stereo - roller belts both rear and front fully serviced with oils, filters and general overhaul of brakes, exhaust systems etc. and newly fitted and adjusted carburetor by Lundblads in Stockholm

1649768343994.png

1649768376827.png

1649768411916.png

1649768443575.png

1649768482692.png

1649768513085.png

1649768540409.png

Sveden. Pfffftttt....
Nobody here will be bringing that back to America.
@coco is based in Scotland. So for him transport could "just" be a drive plus a ferry or train ride.

FWIW, this is the first time I have seen a '73 NYB painted in this color. It looks stunning, but I have a hard time finding the color code? @73Coupe @saforwardlook

@coco is based in Scotland. So for him transport could "just" be a drive plus a ferry or train ride.

FWIW, this is the first time I have seen a '73 NYB painted in this color. It looks stunning, but I have a hard time finding the color code? @73Coupe @saforwardlook
I agree the color looks too brilliant to be Y6 Golden Haze but nothing else is close.

Not sure I have seen that color either. My guess is custom paint....

"electric lifts rear and front"...what does this mean?

electric window lifts aka power windows
european cars didnt always get power windows in the back, for eg like euro spec Neons

That looks like the original colour, or they stripped the car pretty good for repaint.

Looks like the current exchange puts it at $21450 US. I have no idea what it would cost to ship international I would offer a guess of 6k? Dont know.
But I do know if it was being offered by one of the specialty classic dealers in the US, they would be asking same price..

It's probably a love it or hate it color. I love it for sure. But those colors seem to cut out half the players.

Not sure shipping is that much, quite a few go that way from North America. I am sure some of our European members might be able to give feed back on shipping.

Shipping in a container from FL or NY to Sweden or Finland is about 20 hundred. I suppose the return trip would be about the same.

Container prices are at record highs right now. You used to get a 45’ high cube container from Europe to a US port for less than $4K. Now that same container is over $8k. If you can find an available one in a reasonable amount of time. Also to save fuel, ships are slow cruising (at least for a year now) at around 10-12 knots so what used to take 23 days (including loading contents, loading on ship and unloading)is now closer to 45 days and up to 60. Port delays can add to this.
This is a global thing and doesn’t matter if the container is being imported or exported.
Maybe low height containers are a little less.

Shipping in a container from FL or NY to Sweden or Finland is about 20 hundred. I suppose the return trip would be about the same.

shipping to the US is several times higher than the other way.

Keep in mind the US is not good in exporting stuff they have a huge overhang of imports.
As a results containers leaving the US are cheap because they might have sent back empty anyway. At least in the older days.

Carsten

shipping to the US is several times higher than the other way.

Keep in mind the US is not good in exporting stuff they have a huge overhang of imports.
As a results containers leaving the US are cheap because they might have sent back empty anyway. At least in the older days.

Carsten
Interesting. I never did realize that.

(In fact shipping from FL to FI was 15 hundred only a few months ago. The agent takes another 5 hundred, so it totals 2K in your wallet.)

I would guess GY8 paint code, although in the pictures this one appears just a little darker

I would guess GY8 paint code, although in the pictures this one appears just a little darker

If it is GY8, then I'd suspect that the photos have been slightly color-enhanced. The way the interior looks, though, you may well be right.

Back