2019 Sully Antique Car Show

ayilar

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
@Analog Kid attended the 2018 show and reported on his experience last year. He attended again this year, together with his great-looking '72 Fury III coupe. I met him there with my 1970 'vert and @Imperialist67 (who rode with me, as the car he'd planned on bringing seemed to be experiencing carb issues). Another member, @Dillon, brought his '67 Polara but unfortunately I missed my chance to introduce myself.

Very nice show, well organized, in a very nice setting. Quite a few trees graced the show field: together with an intermittent breeze, they offered some reprieve from the hot sun. There was a sprinkle of rain around noon, but nothing to worry much about -- and it cooled off the place a bit, at least for a while.

I took many pics and will post some in the next couple of days. Here is an overview of the field where the C bodies were. @Analog Kid's Fury is on the left, the two Polaras are on the right.

IMG_3322 copy.jpg

Here is a take of the Chrysler / Dodge / Imperial row from another vantage point. The owner of the '73 Imperial was very nice, helping me quickly detail my car upon arrival and then drying it up right after the rain as I was away. The Cordoba next to my car is his wife's, original paint and original "checkmate" cloth interior in top condition.

IMG_3326_red.jpg

Since it's my post, I'll take the liberty to start with my own 'vert. Here are 3 pics I took before, during, and after the (brief) rain.

3229 red.jpg

3316 red copy.jpg

IMG_3329 copy.jpg

Last edited:
@Analog Kid attended the 2018 show and reported on his experience last year. He attended again this year, together with his great-looking '72 Fury III coupe. I met him there with my 1970 'vert and @Imperialist67 (who rode with me, as the car he'd planned on bringing seemed to be experiencing carb issues). Another member, @Dillon, brought his '67 Polara but unfortunately I missed my chance to introduce myself.

Very nice show, well organized, in a very nice setting. Quite a few graced the show field: together with an intermittent breeze, they offered some reprieve from the hot sun. There was a sprinkle of rain around noon, but nothing to worry much about -- and it cooled off the place a bit.

I took many pics and will post some in the next couple of days. Here is an overview of the field where the C bodies were. @Analog Kid's Fury is on the left, the Polaras are on the right.

View attachment 294949

Here is a take of the Chrysler / Dodge / Imperial row from another vantage point. The owner of the '73 Imperial was very nice, helping me quickly detail my car upon arrival and then drying it up right after the rain as I was away. The Cordoba next to my car is his wife's, original paint and original "checkmate" cloth interior in top condition.

View attachment 294959

Since it's my post, I'll take the liberty to start with my own 'vert. Here are 3 pics I took before, during, and after the (brief) rain.

View attachment 294960

View attachment 294962

View attachment 294963

Show off. . .

This is THE show in Northern Virginia - now in its 46th year - the GW Chapter Model A Club (Ford) guys (and their wives) who run it have it down to a fine art by now, which is why it is so well organized. I often help judge (ayilar helped with my score tallying), and recommend it to others. Attending this show in the 70's/80's is what fueled my interest in antique cars, glad to see it still thriving.

So this was the first car show I've entered into. I wasn't planning on having it judged since I was doubtful I could compete with the Roadrunners and Cuda's but the judges came around and talked me into it. As it turns out....I won 2nd place in the Plymouth division!

A nice surprise for Father's Day.

image2.jpeg

So this was the first car show I've entered into. I wasn't planning on having it judged since I was doubtful I could compete with the Roadrunners and Cuda's but the judges came around and talked me into it. As it turns out....I won 2nd place in the Plymouth division!

A nice surprise for Father's Day.

View attachment 295043
Way to go.

Show off. . .

Guilty as charged, your honor. Next year, your '66 will be ready and you can join us! As promised, here are a few more pictures to tempt you!

1. @Dillon's car, which was also there last year:

IMG_3288 red.jpg

IMG_3313 copy 2.jpg

IMG_3290 copy.jpg

2. a '73 Imperial previously discussed above and also in this thread. Everything works, including the (dreaded by me) H54 A/C:

3275 red.jpg

3277 red.jpg

3. a '69 Newport Custom sedan. Loved the car, very elegant and almost entirely original. I had a very nice talk with its current (and only second) owner. He has owned it, if I understood correctly, since 1978. He bought it from his dad's best friend, who'd given him a ride on the way from the dealership after buying it new. The driver's seat was redone (IMO perfectly, but to the owner's opinion the material is a close but imperfect match -- I honestly could not tell, you be the judge in the photo below) many years ago, and a fender was repainted due to a small accident, but otherwise the car is in original (and beautiful) condition. The driver's seat has busted a seam, so will get a second redo. Everything works, including the A/C, and the car had its original sticker with full option list on the dash. In the background, one can discern a '65 Imperial that apparently also attended last year.

IMG_3282 copy.jpg

IMG_3280 copy.jpg

4. And to conclude, what better way than the tail of a restored '56 De Soto with working factory A/C. Impressive car, posting it here for other fifties Mopar fans (@saforwardlook, I am thinking of you!)

IMG_3299 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures. Thank you for sharing. I've seen that 73 Imperial at Carlisle. It has blue interior and power windows.

That Imp is quite nice, and the couple who own it (from the CPOC club) are quite nice, also, they often go to Carlisle, and are planning to do so again.

Which white Fury? The only Fury I saw was @Analog Kid's, which is cream -- and I sent him all the good pics I took of his car (in high resolution, which for some reason I am unable to post on FCBO). I like the one he posted the best. Wanna see another angle? Happy to post, or to let him post. That car's interior is great, but I did not take any photos.

I must have missed you all at Carlisle, first "summer trip" for the New Yorker, and while I don't have the AC blowing cold yet, the car drove beautifully on the way up/back, and no over-heating issues. Glad I started back on Sunday AM however. Fri. - Sat. were nice

@Jim 68cuda just posted a link to a trove of photos he took at the 2019 Show. Thanks Jim!

Back