Reaction score
Contact seller
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5122329694.html
00h0h_VKvYXxKcvu_600x450.jpg
00P0P_aYvS5HF8EQ0_600x450.jpg
00404_h072fqoZzhD_600x450.jpg
00Q0Q_lUFKEz3eHuW_600x450.jpg
00h0h_VKvYXxKcvu_600x450.jpg

1951 Ford two door. Car was bought in 2009 out of Brighton and had been stored since the late 1980's (last registration). Car was originally a Flat head V-8 with manual transmission. Car is in sound mechanical order and was stripped to body and frame prior to rebuild. Below is a listing of what has been done since purchase:
Body- All chrome was removed and the exterior was sanded down. Driver and passenger side rocker panels were removed and replaced by new one's purchased from Mac's. Lower quarter panels on both front fenders were also replaced by new one's from Mac's. Currently it does not have the fenderwells installed but we do have them and will go with the car.Firewall was recessed about 4 inches to accommodate Big Block 383 Chrysler motor. Interior floor panels that were rusted were removed and replaced with new sheet metal. The entire floor of car was rolled with POR-15 to help with rust and keep metal good. The side chrome where it meets the tail lights was removed but will come with the car. Both front and rear bumpers are also included with the sale. The grill was not is salvageable condition and was not kept with the car. The interior is bare bones with one bench seat up front.. All of the interior garnish moldings and dash were sandblasted, primered, and then painted black. All of the glass is good with the exception of the driver side. It is there but cracked and will need replaced. Also, the driver side door button will need to be replaced, cheap part from Mac's. The door is still operable but you have to use the inside handle. The passenger door does have the button but for some reason is stuck. Should be an easy fix as well. The trunk lid is held down with flip clips from the local race shop. Inside you will find the 10gal. fuel cell and the Ultima Gell Cell battery. The battery is connected to the shut off switch mounted just under the trunk opening on the back of car. Currently, it has two 15x8 Cragars on the back with two white 14x6 steel wheels to fit the headers.
Motor/Transmission/Rear End- The motor is a 383 Big Block Chrysler and 727 Transmission out of a 1968 Roadrunner. The motor is currently set up with the following:
• Dual Quad Tunnel Ram from Weiand with 450cfm mechanical secondary carbs. The carbs were both new about three years ago and only ran one summer before being parked. All fuel lines are hard lined from the pump and run a 1:1 linkage meaning both carbs run at the same time, not progressive. The motor was set at 0 degrees and is level. Because of the vintage intake the carbs do have a slight rake/slope in them and does not affect their performance. This is the way that Weiand made these intakes to help with fuel distribution. If you are interested and need additional pics of set-up and level on intake we will be more than happy to get those to you.
• Electric Meizer water pump with the 50gal./minute option.
• New Aluminum radiator with electric fan pushing.
• Electric Ignition from MOPAR with the Orange box option. Also, did tune up changing the spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor in 2009 when built.
• Mooneyes gauges for the water temp, oil pressure, and battery. The car is only ran on three fuses with is right on the dash.
• Custom made fender well headers with the collectors pointing toward street. The cut outs run to dual Thrush Glass Packs that run under the front seat.
• Transmission is a 727 with shift kit installed and has B&M Ratchet shifter. The transmission has developed a leak which is probably a bad pan gasket.
• Rear end is a Ford 9" out of a 1959 Wagon. It is a 31 spline axle that runs to a locked 4.56 gear set. This was rebuilt about 7 years ago and only driven for two summers. There is a drive shaft loop installed per NHRA regulations, Jegs brand.
• The front brakes were rebuilt in 2009 when the car was put back together. All brake lines and parts were bought new along with the seals and bearings.
• All fuel and brake lines were replaced and ran new again.
• Wilwood dual master cylinder that mounts on the firewall was installed.
• Rear suspension is set up with 90/10 Comp Engineer shocks and Cal-Trac adjustable bars on leaf springs. Please refer to Cal-Tracs website for further explanation of system and how they work. These are bolted in and are designed to sit low as you can see in the picture to mate up to the traction control bars.

Email if interested. Please, no tires kickers, only serious inquires. We have a clear title on hand, asking $5,500, but are willing to negotiate a reasonable amount. NO TRADES. Thanks!
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

I've never seen what difference it ever made whether the engine came out of a RoadRunner or a Fury cop car or a '70 pickup. The car it came out of is probably wrecked and long gone, and the car could care less.

The term has been used for These Fords as well, more common knowledge with Chevys though I guess as time goes on.

I had ah '51 phord with ah '55 Oldz stuffed in it way back when. But the tranz waz ah '47 3 spd Zepher on the floor and the rear axle waz ah 2 spd Columbia. Doez that set up jar any memory bankz???????????

At least all the brand names are familiar, that must have been about the time my grandfather got his car Drivers license. ;)

Yeah it waz along about then somewhere. Actually I waz still drivin' an 8 up between Cheyenne and Denver when your Grand Daddy threw ah snow ballz at the horses and I made ah U-turn one time and put the lead mares shoulder into him. Hmmm? never did see him anymore after that. I think he mustah gone into hidin' or moved to Calafornie 'cuz she jared him pretty good when she cut him ah flip out into the pucker brush

Nah, you're a Young gun compared to him, but in postwar Germany you generally couldn't afford a car as a plain worker, Drivers license for car and truck he got in his mid thirties, first own car in his mid forties around 1966.

I kinda figgered that Santa. FYI, I waz 4 months old when Little Adolph attacked Poland, you do the math. BTW, I miss-spoke on the year of the transmission I stuffed in that '51 shoebox. It waz actually ah 1937 Lincoln Zepher tranz, 'Cuz by '47 they'd hung the 3 on the tree. It'z ah B**ch gettin' old and the mind iz not the 1st thing tah go! Happy Trailz, Jer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back