413 Engine, Pro's & Con's

I have 3 rv trans laying around, you want some durable internals?

It was going into a 68 Dodge truck. They will be in the scrap pile if no one wants them.
IDK if they would fit the 78 RV 440 I have, my manifolds had a "minor" exhaust leak... both sides came off in 3 pieces. If yours are good, we can figure out if they fit later in a PM, I still don't know what I am doing with that one.

IDK if they would fit the 78 RV 440 I have, my manifolds had a "minor" exhaust leak... both sides came off in 3 pieces. If yours are good, we can figure out if they fit later in a PM, I still don't know what I am doing with that one.
They're yours if you want them. Pm me some pics of yours and we can compare.

Don't know what it's out of, but no PK to start:

IMG_20170904_114246.jpg

I have to go back to my storage unit, ill see if I can get to the RV transmissions I have.

Got the engine and transmission separated, junkyard scribble says the trans is a 72 RV unit. Good parts inside going to another member!

IMG_20170904_204403.jpg

I took the intake off, after a bunch of gentle prying, it finally came off. WTH is with this? Well, I don't know how many tubes of RTV this guy used, but he sure didn't skimp.

IMG_20170904_192317.jpg

IMG_20170904_192738.jpg

This wasn't a comfort either, it was pointing up before I got to it.

IMG_20170904_192723.jpg

I'll check into things more tomorrow and throughout the week

They're yours if you want them. Pm me some pics of yours and we can compare.
Thanks... it may take me a few days.
Got the engine and transmission separated, junkyard scribble says the trans is a 72 RV unit. Good parts inside going to another member!

View attachment 141522

I took the intake off, after a bunch of gentle prying, it finally came off. WTH is with this? Well, I don't know how many tubes of RTV this guy used, but he sure didn't skimp.

View attachment 141523

View attachment 141525

This wasn't a comfort either, it was pointing up before I got to it.

View attachment 141524

I'll check into things more tomorrow and throughout the week
At least the heads don't look rusty... I'd call that a good sign for now.

Thanks... it may take me a few days.

At least the heads don't look rusty... I'd call that a good sign for now.
Just sent a pm about the manifolds while you were typing this!

I might swap the heads for some I have laying around. Not sure what I'll do.

Back