440 Camshaft Bearings

RDHOG

Reaction score
I am in need of a set of camshaft bearings. They are on back order any help would be great. If you have a set your would like to sell let me know. Or if you know where I could find them let me know. There is non on ebay or the regular part places thanks everyone.

20230310_152851.jpg

Interesting. You are rebuilding it yourself or is a machine shop doing it? Just curious. All or RockAuto's listings are "out of stock", then I looked at the Dura-Bond Bearings website (not in the rockauto list) and it says "Available for Order", not "out of stock". FWIW

Interesting. You are rebuilding it yourself or is a machine shop doing it? Just curious. All or RockAuto's listings are "out of stock", then I looked at the Dura-Bond Bearings website (not in the rockauto list) and it says "Available for Order", not "out of stock". FWIW
Myself and a friend of mine who is a machinist are going to rebuild it.

Myself and a friend of mine who is a machinist are going to rebuild it.
A friend of mine is a machinist him and I are going to rebuild this motor. I just called dura-bond and you need an account to order from them and they don't have any in stock either. They're looking to make a run the first week of April so still no luck summit days the end of April ship date

I couldn't find mains for my 3.8 mini van engine so when I spied some on e-bay I ordered a set. They were made in India and very professionally packaged. Mic'd out great and I have over 2,000 miles on them. Very cheap too!
Mike

I also just purchased a set from 440 source. they are gouging on the shipping cost, but when you need them, you need them.

Just got my 440 source bearings they are full of nicks

View attachment 590038

View attachment 590039

It occurs to me that your existing cam bearings may be just fine and can be used again. Those bearings are not heavily loaded and usually do not wear very much. Also, their removal and installation of new bearings can result in a worse situation than what you have now. . .

Back