'65 Chrysler 300 Steering Gear Box

Steven E Hiatt

Reaction score
I need to replace the Steering Gear Box on my '65 Chrysler 300. I see several purchase options. I'm looking for any advice as to which supplier to choose, or stay away from.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steve

I have a stage 1 from Firm Feel on its way. Looking forward to getting it installed.

How much was shipping each way?
$70 to ship to Firm Feel
$545 includes $475 rebuild charge and $70 return ship.
Total cost with ship both ways $615. Worth every penny. Go for Stage 2 modern feel. My Fury drives straight down the highway without all the constant adjustments. Awesome improvement!

The cheapest way I found to do this was to buy a steering box from @C Body Bob and he shipped it to Firm Feel directly and they shipped it back to me. Then I sold my box to someone else.

My car was never out of commission and I didn't pay a core charge.

The cheapest way I found to do this was to buy a steering box from @C Body Bob and he shipped it to Firm Feel directly and they shipped it back to me. Then I sold my box to someone else.

My car was never out of commission and I didn't pay a core charge.
Good point! I already had a core from a 1970 Sport Fury. I shipped that. When it came back rebuilt, I switched it with the leaking loose steering gear in my 1970 Fury convertible, so my car was also never out of commission.

Back