'65 Fury - Can anyone show me a CORRECT tire/jack setup w/all the small parts?

barsteel

Reaction score
Hello!

It's been a long, slow slog, but I've got the new 440 in my '65 Fury, and almost all of the small, annoying defects fixed. All the interior lights work, all the dash lights work, all the gauges work...hell, I even got the CLOCK working (although it really doesn't keep accurate time). Besides the seat side trim, the horn, and the trunk, I'm almost done (but...are we ever REALLY done?).

Anyway, I got what I was told was a "correct" jack setup for the car from French Lake Auto Parts...and I have no idea how its supposed to go in. I used Google, but I wasn't able to find a definitive guide, and several pics showed different setups.

Can anyone please show me the correct jack setup, and note any small parts I might need, ie. I think there's a spring that holds the jack in place in the pass side well, and I'm not sure where the bumper hook is supposed to go.

Thanks in advance...

Chris

Hello!

It's been a long, slow slog, but I've got the new 440 in my '65 Fury, and almost all of the small, annoying defects fixed. All the interior lights work, all the dash lights work, all the gauges work...hell, I even got the CLOCK working (although it really doesn't keep accurate time). Besides the seat side trim, the horn, and the trunk, I'm almost done (but...are we ever REALLY done?).

Anyway, I got what I was told was a "correct" jack setup for the car from French Lake Auto Parts...and I have no idea how its supposed to go in. I used Google, but I wasn't able to find a definitive guide, and several pics showed different setups.

Can anyone please show me the correct jack setup, and note any small parts I might need, ie. I think there's a spring that holds the jack in place in the pass side well, and I'm not sure where the bumper hook is supposed to go.

Thanks in advance...

Chris
Chris, Please post some pictures of what you have. Although I do not know the correct jack parts for your vehicle, I can tell you to be VERY careful of dealings with French Lake Auto Parts. They are not a reputable company. I purchased an engine from them years ago, that was guaranteed to run great. Thing had a broken piston in it and damn near took my arm off when I tried to start it.

I even got the CLOCK working (although it really doesn't keep accurate time)

I can't help you with the spare. The clock will self adjust if you reset it to the correct time every time you get in the car. It might take a while, but it will surprise you and be correct and stay that way.

I believe the bumper hook gets mounted with the spare. The threaded rod should be long enough to go thru a lug hole and the small holes in sides of the hook. The wingnut then tightens down the hook and spare together.

I found a couple that show the jack and hook storage.

Alan

1965-dodge-monaco.jpg
1965-dodge-monaco2.jpg

I believe the bumper hook gets mounted with the spare. The threaded rod should be long enough to go thru a lug hole and the small holes in sides of the hook. The wingnut then tightens down the hook and spare together.

I believe you are referring to the later style.
PicsArt_03-09-11.24.10.jpg

View attachment 118338

I "think" when the jack mast is quarter panel mounted as Alan's pictures show, the spare tire will be as your picture shows, except upside down. The threaded rod in the floor comes up through the center registration hole of the wheel, the jack base fits into that hole, also over the threaded rod, upside down and the jack hook fits over the threaded rod laying on its side, with the threaded rod through a hole in the side of the hook. Then the big wing nut is installed and clamps the whole mess to the floor.

View attachment 118338

Probably.
My jack is just loose in the trunk on the Monaco. Trunk is full of spare parts right now.
Looking at your photo. I have seen the bumper "hook" mounted right on top of the jack base then all tightened down with the big wingnut. Don't recall what models that was done in but it was a trimmed out trunk with a tire cover.

(What he just said better!)

Thanks for all the replies...

Here is what I've got for a jack. It's the same one pictured in one of Commando's posts above (later style?), although my car has no bracket to fasten the tire iron as shown in the same pic.

There does appear to be a bracket of sorts on the pass side wheel well as in MrMopar's post.

I've attached some pics to show what I've got.

I'm missing a wing nut, and I don't have a spare tire at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I can get one.

Thanks...

Chris

20170310_105835_resized.jpg

20170310_105843_resized.jpg

Thanks for all the replies...

Here is what I've got for a jack. It's the same one pictured in one of Commando's posts above (later style?), although my car has no bracket to fasten the tire iron as shown in the same pic.

There does appear to be a bracket of sorts on the pass side wheel well as in MrMopar's post.

I've attached some pics to show what I've got.

I'm missing a wing nut, and I don't have a spare tire at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I can get one.

Thanks...

Chris
That pretty much looks like the correct era jack for your car. Make sure the part for the bumper fits well, last thing you want is the car to fall off it.

IMG_0958 copy.JPG

Here is a shot of my 65 Monaco. I am missing the hold-down spring. The spring will attach to the hook near the base of the wheel well and to the black ratcheting mechanism. The rachet thing will end up moving to the right and put tension on the spring to hold all tight. Crowbat gets wedged under tire and base goes over bolt to hold down spare.
Plymouth has the side fuel filler neck and it should look like this set-up.

Back