66 monaco disk brake conversion

monaco

Reaction score
I hope I'm not asking the same question someone else has asked but here go's. I'm looking for some help on how to convert my front drums on my 66 monaco to disk brakes. I would like to use oem parts if it's possible. Any suggestions?

1973 Spindles, rotors, calipers c-body from what I have seen here will do the trick.

Does anybody know if this will also work for a 65 custom 880? I've soent a lot of time researching and have gotten no where. Appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks

Does anybody know if this will also work for a 65 custom 880? I've spent a lot of time researching and have gotten no where. Appreciate any help in the matter. Thanks

I think it will work since it is essentially the same car.

In both cases. converting to dual M/C is in order which requires a M/C with the disc reseviour and a proportioning valve either a factory one from a reclaimers or a custom one that you can dial in.

I went out and bought a 73 fury just so I could do a disc brake conversion on my 65. The fury cost me 250 bucks. That will get me the spindles and splash shields as well as any core exchange parts needed. Check you local salvage yards. Like mentioned, the spindles are the most important piece.

I think it will work since it is essentially the same car.

In both cases. converting to dual M/C is in order which requires a M/C with the disc reseviour and a proportioning valve either a factory one from a reclaimers or a custom one that you can dial in.

anyone know the PN for a factory disc proportioning valve?

anyone know the PN for a factory disc proportioning valve?

Mopar Performance/Wilwood - Mopar #P5249088

OR the Allstar ALL48025 would work just as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006K8L3JI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Back