For Sale 68 Polara 2 dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skin

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi guys-

I'm looking to sell my baby. Here is the craigslist ad. Please know that the price is set high to see if I could get lucky. I am more than happy to discuss realistic pricing should you be interested.

It's a 318 matching numbers cars with 122k documented miles. I'm the 3rd owner (1st owner from '68-'99 and the 2nd from '99-'12). It is all original, including the paint, except for the carb and brakes (the originals can be included). I've also replaced standard items like the battery and alternator. It is an a/c car and it's all there, just not hooked up. The body has no rust and it does have two small dings. I don't want to fix them due to wanting to leave the paint original. The one is so small you have to really look for it and the other one was from the original owner and honestly I think it adds character.

The interior is clean with no issues other than a small dash crack and some faded plasti-chrome trim. The headliner, carpet and floormats, again are original and in great shape. The windshield does have a passenger side crack. I was hesitant to fix it because (and I know this is stupid) the original owner was a school teacher and she has her last parking sticker fixed to the windshield...

The trunk is super clean. Original sticker in place. I can't tell if the spare is original but all the hardware and tools are there. The trunk liner is complete but brittle so I bought a repro and threw it on top.

I started it today for the first time in a little too many months and she fired right up. The exhaust rumble (oh that's aftermarket too) is sooo awesome. We went for a drive and she just floated down the street, handling beautifully. No smoke, knocks or tics.

This really is a great unmolested survivor. Truth be told, I bought it to convert to a 500 and was going to paint it black. When I saw it for the first time I quickly realized how original and in what great shape it was so plans changed.

I have many, many extra parts. Like dash trim, gauges, badges, a wiring harness, switches and an entire taillight assembly to just name a few. I am willing to include them if we agree upon a good selling price (although I might keep the taillight to make a cool garage light). There is much documentation (including the build sheet and a repro window sticker). Heck I'll even through in the trophies she's won!

Anyways, thanks for reading. And please feel free to give any and all feedback. Thanks!

-Mike

20140526_124311.jpg

20140526_124230.jpg

20140526_124141.jpg

20140526_124148.jpg

20140526_124248.jpg

20140526_124344.jpg

20140526_124439.jpg

20140526_124534.jpg

20140526_124702.jpg

20140526_124617.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum first of all.:thumbsup::welcome::usflag:
I too wish you well on your sale. I think these days unmolested survivor cars are attracting
more and more attention. Can't blame you for setting your sights high as the car looks very nice.
I am also happy to hear you are realistic in case you don't get lucky.
All the best on your sale and welcome.

That is a really nice ride. Your asking price, while way out of my range I think is a good place to start. Best of luck with the sale!

Hey thanks guys! I actually joined 5 years ago but I'm real quiet :)

I like your pricing strategy. It's agreed it won't get that kind of money but it should bring in very attractive offers.

That's a super sharp and very clean car. Good luck

Suggest you post the pics and full write up here for even more coverage in the for sale market

Post updates with pics and description. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back