68 Polara Heater Core

GMPolara

Reaction score
So a new car to me I'm going through it placed in some stuff. I need a heater court and apparently the car has AC. I see that it's a difficult 12 find cause I've looked all Over online. Some kind of double heater Core. I see that it's a difficult one to find cause I've looked all Over online. some kind of double heater Core. Outside of ebay where they're like $300, Is anyone know where I can find one that's new or after market new?

that heater core has a ''h'' valve that bypasses part of the cooler flow in certain flap positions...that valve attaches to the core with 2 short rubber hoses inside the box...Original Air Group has them if you want to look at a pic to see what i mean...the hoses and/or the shaft where the linkage hooks to the valve are spots that may be leaking as well...the double brass tubes that the heater hoses attach to in the engine compartment slide onto the core and are sealed by 2 o rings inside the box...so maybe you have some things leaking inside the box that aren't the core itself....insulation and seals for the box are available thru Detroit Muscle Technologies...none of this stuff is cheap and the job is a major PIA

Last edited:
Sounds like I need to pull it out first and see what I have. Hope its a simple fix. The cars floor is dry. So I got that going for me.

well i'm currently on the couch recuperating from the resulting hernia surgery...so...yeah...

Oh yeah! It's out! 5 days at 2hours a day is what it took me. Any ideas on where to get a heater relay? (part #2837814) Also the valve that goes through the fire wall? Gussing its a heater control valve.

20240120_183821.jpg

20240120_183810.jpg

VideoCapture_20240121-185440.jpg

Back