70 Fury Vert. window adjustment

moparblood

Reaction score
the drivers window seems to be dropped a little towards the back and causes the window to jam against quarter window when opening door.
whats causes this?
am I missing something?

Have you checked the hinge pin bushings in the door hinges? There might also be some "contact points" on the rear door frame which index with similar items on the car body door openning area, near the latch and striker bolt.

Not much in the door that could wear to cause your issue, considering the door innards are very similar to those of a similar hardtop. Not to say that something in the window channel could have worn or deteriorated after all of these years. But look to the door hinges first.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

when its half way up its sloppy as all heck. so when it closes, it closes on the inside of quarter window.
its suppose to be on outside.

There is a small pin at the base of the window that is supposed to keep the window from jumping out of the track. This pin rides up and down inside of the track behind the weather strip. Check the lower mount for the window track to see if it is loose, that will cause the pin to come out and jump the track, as will a broken pin or worn out track. Be careful working on the window as the vert vindows are unique to the convertible and are hard to find anyplace. You hinge pins, if badly worn, can also cause problems with the window as excessive play in the pins can shock the window and track when road bumps and pot holes are encountered.

Dave

Ditto on be careful of the convertible door window glass. Have an assistant hold it or insulate the bottom of the door with towels or put wooden support struts under it. 1969-1970 convertible door glass is unique to convertibles. It is shorter in height than 23 and 29 body glass. I broke my 1970 Fury vert driver door glass and had to pay $375 for a replacement. It's probably more now.

My 69 vert ive been cleaning and working on the windows. The back windows seem o lay tight against the body side sweeps but i couldnt find any adjustment for that, even after reading the fsm.
My right window works great, (electric) but my left window is really tight against body side sweep and about 4 inches up it stops unless i help it. Something in the regulator or guides jumps out of line but ive watched every slide and guide and dont see any reason for it to catch on something. Once i help it from 4 inches to about 6, it goes up fine. Comes down fine. Had any similar experience or knowledge in these.

just going by memory, but i think there are two slotted plates on the top of the inside panel. there is a long L shaped bracket on the bottom that tips the window in and out.

Back