72/73 Imperial owners question about lights.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have been working away on the lighting on Tux this week and have a question for 72/73 Imperial owners. Front parking lights, does just the top bulb flash on turn signal or both?
The way my car has been wired is that there are no parking lights up front just turn signal with both bulbs flashing.
It seem that some one had cut and reversed the wires causing this way of operation. I don't think Chrysler used crimp connectors 2 inches from male/female light connector.
I pulled the light to check on bulbs, found one 1157NA low filament out. Changed bulbs, tested and then found the switched wires(yellow going to green, green going yellow.)
I have soldered the wires to there correct colour mates. I now have parking light on left side and the top bulb is the only bulb flashing.
So before I go flipping wires on the right, I thought I'd ask how your Imperials look on the parking lights.
Thanks.

Update: I continued along with the lighting repairs. I now have all lights and auto dimming Sentry, parking lights, high/low beam/doors, systems working.
Few days plugging away all good.
Maybe a photo is due. Still interested in info of turn signal operation. One or two bulbs flashing.
IMG_0738.JPGIMG_0739.JPGIMG_0740.JPG

Yes, only the top bulbs flash. I can only assume this was due to the srandard thermal flashers not being able to handle the additional load (which would have resulted in a oretty hectic flashing). A stronger unit would probably have been available (like for emergency flashers) but maybe cost more?

Seems like the "standard" turn signal flasher was 322, or something similar to that. With the HD version being 522? It's been a while since I thought of those numbers.

Back