72 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon Switch Replacement

rusoma

Reaction score
Looking for some help on how to replace the rear window switch on our 72 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon - See pictures. Does the entire dash cluster have to be removed to access the switch?
I was hoping to simply remove the outer housing. However it appears the outer housing is attached from the rear?

IMG_1864.JPG

i think unfortunately you are going to have to remove the whole cluster.
this means lowering the steering column. if you dont have them already you need a set of factory shop manuals

Last edited:
Thank you all for the information, great group.
I was hoping I would not have to pull the dash to get to the switch, what a pain.

The dash does not have to be removed...
The A/C ducts get removed, and there is a wire harness that may be slightly in the way..
Two screws accessible by coming straight in..
It IS a pain but can be done......

Why would you want to remove that switch....?

p.s. If I remember I can get you a pic of what this looks like on backside tomorrow...:)

Perfect, please let me know. My plan is to replace both the window and lock switches for the tailgate. They appear to be wore-out, the window switch works only half of the time and the lock switch is froze. I have manually jumped the the rear window motor and it works great.

Thanks for your help.

@Xenon how do you remove the centre a/c ducts ? im going to need to access em myself on 1 of my cars...... havent
done it yet cause i was told i would have to remove cluster and im lazy

I am not near my car right now but from memory there is a slid in clip on left side (drivers) and a screw in center...
Again, I can look tomorrow when I am at the c ar.... :thumbsup:

You don't have to remove the entire dash. This is the panel you have to remove:
100_3071.JPG

It's attached with 2 scews, right upper and left lower corner. It's a PITA job but I managed to remove the from underneath the dash ánd true the radio-opening. I used a cheap *** endoscope camera to look what I was doing. Good luck...

Back