NOT MINE 73 New Yorker B

JBR MA

Reaction score
1973 Chrysler New Yorker · Brougham
Saw this posting and was not sure if others were aware. Seems nice enough to garner the $12K asking price.

Seller's Description​

1973 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham 2-Door. 440 with modern radio/Bluetooth, new exhaust, rally wheels. Spent over $1,000 on A/C. It’s in great working condition! Asking $12,000. Located in Columbus Indiana.

_nc_ohc=7uFZ3ZHY_ucAX85Tt1T&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=JkbgOqd6xccAX9KN2Cg&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=OA80qP5-ed0AX8zOfH3&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

X9qzHm8&tn=yE9kblnfzqo_-_CX&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

That's a hard car not to really like and want to buy...

There's a crack in the upper dash pad disguised by the skull (or what that thing is) and I'm not liking the bungee cord on the shifter. Missing the seat hinge covers too. Under the hood we have the junk chrome add-ons that never did anything for me, along with the cable missing from the speed control servo.

I like the rotary AC compressor though...

The color combo with the wheels really does it for me though... And I really don't remember seeing a lot of those cars that color when new.... I could work with the rest. IF the underside looks good, the price isn't bad.

not a fan of the after market black side molding and primered look lower body

All discussed/explained by @Clutch Carnage in one of the threads to which I linked above.
I just went back and looked at those threads. BTW, first link doesn't work for me.. SOLD - Not Mine 1973 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham Coupe - $7,000 - Lowell, Ind.

My opinion is changed quite a bit. I see there was some rust repair (which explains the gray primer) and the car has a manual shift valve body... Which makes zero sense in this car.

The $6500/7000 figures from the past threads are a lot more realistic for this one.

Back in the early 80's, I had a New Yorker exactly like this one,,the one car that I sold and wish I hadn't I enjoyed this car more than my A and B bodies. Very Nice!

Back