'74 Fury control arms new replacement?

josehf34

Reaction score
I opened this thread because I was wondering what should an owner of a later C-Body car do if one of the upper or lower control arms fails.

For example I was looking for a new replacement upper and lower control arms for my '74 fury but didn't find anything, even FirmFeel doesn't sell new replacement parts for a '74 C-Body

So, what are the options? only an used part can serve as replacement in one of those situations?

Is it true that back in the days Chrysler referred to a control arm as a "no-wear" item so they didn't made many replacements?

What actually is wrong with your control arms? Rusted out? If the metal is good you should be able to rebuild them with new ball joints and bushings. If they are rotten you will have to find used ones

What actually is wrong with your control arms? Rusted out? If the metal is good you should be able to rebuild them with new ball joints and bushings. If they are rotten you will have to find used ones

Fortunately nothing is wrong with my car control arms :) is only curiosity.

Maybe an option instead buying an used control arm could be make a new tubular control arm ? I've seen that kind of job in some 4x4 Dodge D100

Why the hell would you want a forged item that is indestructible replaced by some tubing.

What is wrong with you people?
Yah, I know... it's his car and...:rolleyes:

Why the hell would you want a forged item that is indestructible replaced by some tubing.

What is wrong with you people?
Yah, I know... it's his car and...:rolleyes:

Are the control arms really indestructible? I mean... I read chrysler back in the day said those parts will last as long as the car but maybe when chrysler said that wasn't considering that one of their cars will last longer than 50 years, I've seen control arms fails a couple times on A and E body cars and some D100

The only time you should have to replace the whole upper control arm is if they were bent in a wreck. All the parts to rebuild them are available.

Back