74 NY Brougham

texasjr

Reaction score
HI Fellas This maybe a dumb question but i need to drain the stale fuel from my tank. Is there a drain plug the reason for asking is there is a rubber plug in the bottom of tank might be a repair. Can yall help Thank you

Shouldn't be any drain in your tank. You may want to remove the tank, it's not that hard, and just pour the gas out.
If you do, unplug the gauge first. Just get it out of the way. You may forget, like i did. :)

Shouldn't be any drain in your tank. You may want to remove the tank, it's not that hard, and just pour the gas out.
If you do, unplug the gauge first. Just get it out of the way. You may forget, like i did. :)
Thats what I thought the nplug i saw must have been a leak repair and if so its still working so i didnt want to mess with it thanks for the confirmatio

IF you have a big enough drain pan, you might jack up the rear of the car and then remove the hose between the frame fuel line and the fuel pump, and drain it from there? Once the siphon starts, it should keep going until it gets air on the tank side, usually. Might need a few drain pans!

+1 on removing the tank entirely. Should be just two bolts and some lines and it's out. If it's been sitting long enough for you to want to discard the fuel it might be wise to also check condition on the inside.

Just did that to my 77 NYB few weeks back. Easy peezy.. (2) strap bolts at the front of the tank, as mentioned!! Soak with penetrating oil first… Unplug your sending unit wire and (2) fuel lines and the grounding wire, then down she comes…

A02C2A6B-1DEA-461E-8120-5963D4BA2D08.jpeg
32F1F18C-5834-4185-A479-568B09C3403E.jpeg
7C0E80A0-CEC0-4963-B4C9-3F0A727657BD.jpeg
5683ECEF-C6BE-4BAD-AC32-4ACC5592881B.jpeg

Back