78 Newport weatherstrip source?

proturf

Reaction score
What is the best resource for location new door and window weatherstrip for the latest C-body (74-78)? I have a 78 Newport 4 door sedan.

What is the best resource for location new door and window weatherstrip for the latest C-body (74-78)? I have a 78 Newport 4 door sedan.
You are in luck. The 74-78 SEDANS are the only 74-78 cars that have rubber available. Contact Steele Rubber.

+1 ,,, just bought some rubber from them for the ol 68.... good people out there. tell em saylor / c bodiesonly sent ya!

- saylor

P.S. i sent them a trim piece off the 68 fasttop - the quarterwindow rubber. they didnt have it in stock, but i bet they will here soon as they find out where to get them

Thanks guys. I have actually heard of steele rubber from some GM-restoration guys. I'll contact them.

I do have a set installed now that are in a lot better shape than the original ones that were crumbling away.

I do have a set installed now that are in a lot better shape than the original ones that were crumbling away.
Meant to ask you about that. What's the deal with the installation. Just pull the old ones out and pop in the new ones?

Meant to ask you about that. What's the deal with the installation. Just pull the old ones out and pop in the new ones?
Yes, it was pretty easy. I handed them to my body/paint guy and he put them back on. LOL!

Back