NOT MINE 78 NYB St. Regis 20k Original Miles $17,800 Illinois

march

Reaction score
Not Mine.
This appears legit. I don't see much replaced other than:
-1 hose clamp
-1/2 of the hood pad is missing
-The air cleaner lid Lean Burn sticker is missing, and
-A little unusual wear on the bottom left of the driver's seat (my wife noticed).
-It appears to have an 8 track that doesn't appear on the sticker.
1978 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham coupe - cars & trucks - by owner -...

"1978 New Yorker Brougham coupe with St Regis package roof I bought from original owners family through estate. Only 19,950 miles, all factory original even the original factory Spinnaker white paint. I did have to replace tires because of dry rott and horrible flat spots, full tune up and a few other things updated.
I did keep the original tires and all parts I updated (see pictures) . Lean burn system has been bypassed and the 400 runs and drives great! Also recently done was refurbirshed gas tank, new sending unit and rebuilt original Thermo-quad carburator. I have original window sticker and all factory books and manuals....Volo Auto Museum recently sold this exact same car with double the miles for $22 thousand. But I'm not them.
I know finding another low mile original example like this would be hard pressed ....This car is a all factory original example and collector / Museum quality. PLEASE no time for brain damage. SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY!!! (847) Six 5 Two - One 0 8 One"

1691250281030.png

1691250208099.png

1691250237321.png
1691255321090.png

Last edited:
This looks like a candidate for the late C-body list (SPD 612), but I can't read the last digit of the VIN. A white coupe also fits the bill.

Maybe somebody could get hold of pics of the fender tag and door sticker? The door sticker pic included in the ad is too small.

Even if it's way over the standard Formal Price point?

Even if it's way over the standard Formal Price point? :poke:
If you don't mind the one incorrect hose clamp... Yes!
I had about that much into my Silver/Black NYB and this one is way nicer and it's turnkey with manual A/C.
Still... there's going to be that pesky windshield wiper bushing.

-It appears to have an 8 track that doesn't appear on the sticker.
Me: Oh that's exactly the car I wanted but I also wanted an 8-track.

Dealer: I can handle that.

Me: Throw it in at no charge...

Service Manager: Hank, bring in that Fury that's been sitting out on the lot.

This appears to have been purchased by someone who posted this on Facebook.
Click the blue f for the link:

Since this car is now in my garage I thought I should clarify a few things. The missing hood pad is in the trunk along with the clips. The car has a dealer installed Chrysler AM FM cassette not an 8 track. I priced that for mine over 40 years ago for my 78 but it was way too expensive for me. It also has a dealer installed power antenna. The manual AC has no leaks and blows cold. There is zero doubt as to being original miles. There were enough service records to prove that. The original spark plugs are in the trunk and show factory overspray from when the engine was new. The original window sticker is in the car. The drivers seat shows slight wear but not unusual for the age and miles. I have put more miles on this car in the last two weeks than were put on from 1999 to 2 weeks ago. Here is a pic of the fender tag. As for the price, the seller repeatedly asked if I wanted to back out of the deal because he had 2 people wanting to give him the full asking price. Did I pay too much? I don't know and I don't care! Enjoy your formals! Oh, I also have NOS wiper parts!

fender tag.jpg

Last edited:
There's no doubt that's a nice car. A few of us here have had several like it. We see so few truly original examples and yours is most likely one.

I have located the broadcast sheet for this car. It verifies that it came out of the factory less radio and antenna. The power antenna and AM FM Cassette were dealer installed.
The original exhaust has been patched so I plan to have pipes bent to duplicate the original as close as possible. I have also discovered that the top half of the drivers door was repainted at one time. I guess they are new only once! I am loving driving it. It brings back fond memories.

I have located the broadcast sheet for this car. It verifies that it came out of the factory less radio and antenna. The power antenna and AM FM Cassette were dealer installed.
The original exhaust has been patched so I plan to have pipes bent to duplicate the original as close as possible. I have also discovered that the top half of the drivers door was repainted at one time. I guess they are new only once! I am loving driving it. It brings back fond memories.
You should talk with Waldron's exhaust about your pipes.

IMG_4465.jpeg

I'm late to the party here. Got to see Marv's car at Moparfest in August and looks very nice. Similar to mine with 18363 miles. Hope to add some miles today to the fleet as one of the few nice days left in Ontario Canada.

78 New Yorker Moparfest 2023.jpg

Back