9 Seconds at US131 Dragway

MONC440

Reaction score
For my 50th birthday my wife bought me a "Drive a Dragster" race package thru Pure Speed. I used to bracket race a 70 Dart in the early 90's and my fastest run was 11.98 and I thought that was fast but this was really fast. I always wanted to drive a rail and this was a great experience. I would have liked to go faster but they have the cars regulated to 10 seconds because many of the guys doing the class had never been down the strip before. I beat the 10 second mark on my 4th run by just a smidge with a 9.97 at 132mph

001.jpeg

002.jpeg

Slip 9_97.jpeg

Me envious.
I can't imagine my doing a sub 10 without losing control and killing 100 spectators in the stands.

Nice wife! Fun!
Couldn't see lights at the start.
Yea with the car shaking it is kinda hard to see some things. They have a great program and go all over the country doing this so if you have ever been interested look it up. The package my wife got me was normally $599 which includes a short class on how to drive the rail, then 4 runs down the track; 330ft, 660ft, 1/4, & 1/4 mile. They run specials and she got it 60% off so for less than $300 it was well worth it.

Back