AC Condenser 67 Monaco

Rodan

Reaction score
Are there any sources for OEM appearing AC condensers? Looking to revive my factory AC system. 26" rad. I see aftermarket ones that say they will fit but they don't look stock.

I do see ones for B bodies. I imagine these would work but may have to drill some alternate holes if they don't line up exactly.

Start a parts wanted thread and see if someone has a good used one. You can get a fin comb and straighten it up to make it look quite nice.

And OEM condenser will be "specific-fit" rather than otherwise. This is also important as line attachment points/angles/designs are similar and Chrysler usually had hard lines attaching to the condensers, too.

B-body condensers could be smaller due to the smaller interior volume to cool, I suspect. Even if you are using R-12, the newer "mass flow" condensers for R-134a might be an upgrade. Either way, you'll need to attach them to your existing lines.

If you end up with an aftermarket/universal condenser, some trimming of the mounting flanges and some satin black paint might help hide the fact it is not OEM.

You might search for "TxDon" and how he did his '67 Monaco wagon's upgrade to R-134a for hints on the condenser and the items needed to make it work.

CBODY67

And OEM condenser will be "specific-fit" rather than otherwise. This is also important as line attachment points/angles/designs are similar and Chrysler usually had hard lines attaching to the condensers, too.

B-body condensers could be smaller due to the smaller interior volume to cool, I suspect. Even if you are using R-12, the newer "mass flow" condensers for R-134a might be an upgrade. Either way, you'll need to attach them to your existing lines.

If you end up with an aftermarket/universal condenser, some trimming of the mounting flanges and some satin black paint might help hide the fact it is not OEM.

You might search for "TxDon" and how he did his '67 Monaco wagon's upgrade to R-134a for hints on the condenser and the items needed to make it work.

CBODY67
Excellent advice. I found one on eBay that says it's a direct fit but it's unfinished. Nothing that some proper radiator paint can't fix. I am just in the process of trying to get this working again. Compressor kicks on, and it held vacuum for the 90min I had it hooked up. Tried to charge and the expansion valve kept freezing up and the line out of the dryer never changed temperature. I'm going to replace all the stuff that's easy to get to first and see if I get lucky. Expansion valve, dryer and condenser. Trying to stay with R-12 as of now.

The OEM condensers have a notch cut out of the passenger side bottom of them to clear a bumper bracket. I have not seen that notch on aftermarket replacements. Also I believe the line connections are different than OEM.

I had to make some simple brackets to make mine fit, but it is just an off the shelf aftermarket unit. This is the thread where I did the conversion, I know that isn't what you're wanting to do, but maybe something helpful there.

Read the service manual for things to do:
Change the oil in the compressor. Specific oil for R12
Remove the EPR valve, clean and oil it.

B body condenser won’t work, many differences.

Back