anybody buying this? (80s cars)

Sorry, that decade produced nothing more than a hot pile of steaming crap....let the GenXer's waste their money, more Mopar Muscle for us.

And yes, I owned several of those cars, the '84 fox body mustang was the worst thing ever assembled. After I wrecked it the insurance adjuster said it had a reputation as a Teen killer.

$126k for a six cylinder automatic...

7787d1341474973-can-someone-banned-divorcing-you-behind-your-back-facepalm.jpg

A 1987 Buick GNX is quite the car. I would say the best car of that era. It would have been a hard car to get new. I am sure there are more than a few that were bought as investments that have very very low miles...brand new in the wrapper as they say.

Those cars have been priced in the $100k range for years and that is nothing new.

Dave

A 1987 Buick GNX is quite the car. I would say the best car of that era. It would have been a hard car to get new. I am sure there are more than a few that were bought as investments that have very very low miles...brand new in the wrapper as they say.

Those cars have been priced in the $100k range for years and that is nothing new.

Dave
Drove a Grand National right after I bought the Mustang. Surprisingly quick, but the body/frame combo was outdated by that time and it handled like a water bed. My buddy who owned it also wrapped it around a tree shortly after my Mustang went airborne.

I am not sure what c-body could cover it performance wise.
It was a special car and really quite different than anything else available at the time.
There is no factory stock C-body that could run with a GNX. Probably the best shot is 67-68 440 4-sp Polara or Fury, either std 2dr hdtp or fasttop, whichever is lighter. Even then the 3.31 gears in the Dana 53 won't be steep enough. IMHO the 70 SFGT 6-barrel, Hurst and 71 SFGT are too heavy and there also the 3.23 aren't enough.

There plenty of 80s (and even 90s) cars I like. As well as brass-era, 20s, 30s, etc. I will admit that when it all goes autonomous, I won't give a ****.

6164225923_6040f5ea6a-e1398788125237.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

index.php

And here, I threw in a Ford and a GM to be fair:

161748.jpg

cadillac-seville-sls-white-cars-in-sterling-co.jpg

Of course I wouldn't pay over $8k for any of them... :D

Ooh, an LSC, I had 2 of those. Fabulous cars, easy to hop-up with bolt-on Mustang parts, and just a great car for a driving enthusiast (although they have a very heavy feel to them). Both of mine would regularly get 21-23 mpg in mixed driving after some mods, 26-28 on the highway with a talented right foot.

IMHO every C-body guy should spend some time in one and see what they think, as that is an unappreciated car just like a C. I look at 81-83 Imperials and consider what it would take to get one of them to match an LSC, and it's just too much effort. Everything under the skin would have to be upgraded, the LSC has everything already there.

That's a good choice also, quite a bit more performance than the 7, tweaking a 7 probably makes it match a stock 8. I like the less-complex 7 better for a repair standpoint.

Back