Anyone here know this 56 Coronet Lancer?

Kyle Jarrett

Reaction score
I’m looking for any info/history anyone might know on this car. Would really like to find who initially built it.

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0531.jpeg

Thanks. My dad was the winning bidder and worked out a deal after the auction. The car arrived in TN this past Saturday. We were hoping to put it out there and someone know the car and a previous owner. We’d really like to know some history… Thanks again.
Sorry, i misunderstood. Thought you were LOOKING for it. Congrats to your Dad.

Some dealers (dunno about these auctions) require/may maintain WHO they bought from (presumably the builder of this fine specimin).

I don't frequent auctions, NOR dealers of classics, BUT any car that I like that has been customized, I like to know WHO built it. Usually a condition for purchasing .. in case something goes awry under my ownership and picking builder's brain could help.

I see you are trying to find the original builder and someone here may yet help you. Perhaps a CL ad in the city/area it was built if you can find that? That worked for me a few years back.

Good luck and have some good family fun in that one. :)

Sorry, i misunderstood. Thought you were LOOKING for it. Congrats to your Dad.

Some dealers (dunno about these auctions) require/may maintain WHO they bought from (presumably the builder of this fine specimin).

I don't frequent auctions, NOR dealers of classics, BUT any car that I like that has been customized, I like to know WHO built it. Usually a condition for purchasing .. in case something goes awry under my ownership and picking builder's brain could help.

I see you are trying to find the original builder and someone here may yet help you. Perhaps a CL ad in the city/area it was built if you can find that? That worked for me a few years back.

Good luck and have some good family fun in that one. :)
I’ve been reaching out on all the Mopar platforms. We know absolutely nothing about it.. It was an extensive build for the day and judging by the fabrication work, it was likely a reputable shop. I just don’t know where to start… Maybe someone will at least know what state it was built in..

The family fun has already began!

IMG_0522.jpeg

I’ve been reaching out on all the Mopar platforms. We know absolutely nothing about it.. It was an extensive build for the day and judging by the fabrication work, it was likely a reputable shop. I just don’t know where to start… Maybe someone will at least know what state it was built in..

The family fun has already began!

View attachment 639038
My 69 Fury III vert had a guys name written in the floor pan of the rear seat. You may find some artifacts like that in your Dad’s beautiful car!

I love a mystery. Just throwing stuff at the wall for you if I were searching.

BaT was the site, Bullet motors (a Florida dealer?) the seller, and if bullet owned it/or had it consignment, and you have NOT exhausted their ability to help find who sold/consigned it to them, seems they gotta keep records.

Again, good luck to your and your Dad. :)

source: https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/proc/efs/efs-02.pdf
1705516045274.png
1705516058903.png

Thanks for all the suggestions! I’ll definitely give them a try. The dealer bought it at auction in October 23. Then listed it on BaT. The title still had the most recent previous owners name and address on it. I found him on Facebook. He was not very helpful and on the verge of rude… but, he did at least get back with me. He said he bought it at an auction as a cheap driver and only owned it a short time and sold it. I had a few more questions but he will not respond anymore… None of this even matters at all as the car will be maintained and driven for this part of its life but we would love to know the cars story…

My 69 Fury III vert had a guys name written in the floor pan of the rear seat. You may find some artifacts like that in your Dad’s beautiful car!
I did notice 56 Dodge scribed on the back of the front bumper when it was on the lift.. maybe there are more markings hidden in and around the car.. They were also kind enough to leave this on the glove box lid. It’s dated 2007 but at .300 pints, I’d guess this was bought for touch ups.

IMG_0563.jpeg

Try the HAMB. The H.A.M.B. It's not quite their style, but if anyone knows anything about the car, it's a good chance that they will be on the HAMB.
Thanks for this suggestion. I went through the process of creating an account and posted as politely as possible but the post was removed due to the large diameter wheels… That’s going to be a tough crowd to navigate with this car I’m afraid.

Back