Anyone interested in reproduction '71 Sport Fury Strobe Stripes? Not GT kits, just the stripe.

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
While an S/23 package was not available on the '71 Sport Fury you could order the right options to build one including the little known Strobe Stripe option that was available for either the 23 or 29 body style.

The factory Strobe Stripe option did NOT include GT Quarter Panel decals or any Hood decals and the question that I am posing is if anyone out there would be interested in just the Strobe Stripes that go along the side of the car around the back of the car in white and if yes, what you pay for brand new stripes made with the correct 3M reflective vinyl?

As some may know, Fury Pursuit and I are working on having as accurate as possible '71 GT stripe kits made (we are making the final tweaks on the stripe kits and they should be ready later this month) and we could have some Strobe Stripes made as well if there was any interest in them.

I’m sure others will have opinions but I think it’d be great idea, though I’m not sure how many will actually spring money for it. The purists most certainly wont, but for a car that looks nice and isn’t all original, for example a Fury III with SF grille, Chrysler/Imperial seats etc. it could be a great addition.

Exactly what my thought was. A member of this forum put gold strobe stripes on his green 29 body style 2 door Sport Fury and it looks good.

Do you have the complete GT sets?

Yes. I have spent over a year to get accurate 71 GT kits produced with a lot of help from Fury Pursuit. We just received our first kits last week and are very happy with the outcome and are confident that they are the most accurate stripe kits available today. Neither myself or the others that we produced kits for have a car ready to have the stripes applied to yet. I have invested a LOT of money and time and Fury Pursuit has invested a lot of time in getting these precision cut kits made. I welcome any questions that you may have. Also, please understand that we do not want any GT clones being created with our stripe kits so providing a kit is contingent on proof of ownership of a '71 GT. Proof of ownership does not apply to purchasing just the Strobe Stripe alone, which was a little known option on the '71 Sport Fury 2-doors. I will be getting a new thread put up on the '71 GT kits within the next few days, if not later today including photos.

I could use two black sets for my 70s

We have only done the '71 GT stripes as the '70 stripe kits are available from more than one source and are good quality. The '70 strobe stripe is easy because it is the same size "hash mark" all around the car whereas the '71 has several different sized blocks in the stripes before it changes to hash marks plus the GT decals on the hood and quarters that need to be in the correct font and size.

The strobe stripes are $500 + shipping. These are very complicated to make due to the varying sizes in the blocks within the stripe that eventually turn into hash marks. They are made on high quality 3M vinyl and the reflective vinyl is not cheap.

The graphics company that makes these jumped the gun and made a few of the strobe stripes before the final corrections were made so the blocks and hash marks are not 100% uniform. These would be $400 + shipping. Unless you are doing a 100% restoration correct car, the $400 strobe stripes would be fine. You really would need to know what to look for to see the difference.

On the stripes for $500 and the GT stripe kits, all of the blocks and hash marks in the stripes were checked with a micrometer to make sure that they were as perfect and uniform as possible. I have spent a year and well over $1,000 with significant help from Fury Pursuit to get these made. Below is a rendering of the strobe stripes and the hood stripes. You would only be getting the strobe stripes that go along the side of the car and wrap around the back of the car.

GT Striping and Hood Kit.jpg

This photo is checking a perfect strobe stripe against one on a GT.

Full Side View.JPG

An example of checking every single section of the stripe with a micrometer before the finalizing the production of the stripes.

IMG_1783.JPG

Let me know if you have any questions.

Back