Best fitting headers for my situation

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade from my original exhaust manifolds to headers main been looking at tti. I have a 68 fury 3 fast top with a 440, it has a brake booster now along with a mini starter is their any headers out there that would clear things without have to remove the motor or lifting it to the side

I have tti's in my '66 Polara with a 440, mini starter, and power brakes with a dual circuit master. Everything clears fine. I replaced the starter two years ago, it was fine. Might have had to think for ten seconds how to get it out, but it was easy. They are expensive, but I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. Got the full kit out the back in the 3" flavor on that car, and manifold back in 2.5" on another car. The small pipes were easier to install, but the 3" went on with minimal hassles.

I have TTIs on my 67 New Yorker. driver's side was easy to get in. Unbolt the motor mount on the passenger side and lift up to get some extra clearance to get the passenger side in. Get the powder coat from them too. Totally worth not attempting to do it yourself.

On 1970 Fury, I had a lot of trouble with the left side over axle hanger. They sent 2 hangers that didn't work. The first located the muffler too far forward. The second left no clearance between trunk pan under dutchman panel. so I couldn't mount the rubber hangers. You may want to consider buying headers and letting a shop do the rest of the exhaust.

Back