C-Bodies are now officially ART (and A&Bs) Wayfair.com

I am gonna go out on a limb. Its Dayton OH. Happy to be proved wrong/corrected as my "evidence" is circumstantial :)

Four reasons:

1. Eyewitness evidence.

This person talks about the "neon" downtown in Dayton in the 1960's in a thread post #17.

SOURCE: Dayton in the '50s: The Little Big City

Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »

Downtown was indeed quite dense. When I was a kid in the 1960s, downtown Dayton seemed dense, dangerous and confusing. Lots of neon signs at night. Still a lot of walk around traffic in the 1960s day and night.

2. Geography.

I have been to Dayton personally but never before 1998. Miami River bisects the city, there are hills/glacial moraines in that area, major freeways/interstates cut through, and elevations to the east from which the brochure picture could capture that shot we see?

Assuming the photo is shot toward northwest from the area called "South Park" (where I drew the Red Circle) in the lower right, and assuming that location is elevated a tbit, you'd get US-35 in foreground, and Miami River in background wrapping around downtown, plus the rest of Dayton across the Miami just like the brochure photo.

66-78.jpg

3. Is this the "turtle" building, at night, lit up in Yellow at top? B&W photo is from the 1950's.

66-77.jpg
66-82-5.jpg

4. Another view of Dayton from the late 1970's from a place called Lookout Point in Woodland Cemetary, which is southeast of downtown so photo looks northwesterly. Vaguely familiar skyline as the '73 brochure (as-photoshopped if that was done)?

Center of that photo is the "turtle" building, near a stocky, rectangle building (without neon) to the left of it. to the right of center, a tall white-ish and a taller rectangular dark building that could have been shopped?

66-79.jpg

Last edited:
Back