Calgary's got another Newport...

Hectic work schedule and other house chores prevented me from doing anything with the Newport so far, but somehow our local hops managed to add 3000 kms on its odo. All drives were an enormous pleasure and went without hiccup. It serves as a confirmation to the theory to which I have long been a supporter, that if you drive a car often, it opens up and runs much better than your usual garage queen.
The last large outing was in late October, right before we got the first large dump of snow. Running it alongside BMW E46 was fun and interesting comparison in itself.
el3LKY2V9RG2pH9WPEtkwS54ieUky57UBexwEKkN_zMi7TXOGTiG0MRNQOHpQkXwZstunrukt82YZofgM=w1787-h1086-no.jpg

PudeeIHycf9pV-2Mn_RdZceXR575U7uhyC24qQQC8r0vO_x9SSbwQs537fP9K6MTrnqiYDFBkLTsYIhCg=w1534-h1086-no.jpg

Since then it has been marooned in the garage waiting for an opportunity to sneak out into the wild. A few days ago it was cold and dry enough not to worry about salt and to take a stroll to the nearest park. Despite -10-12degC (low teens on F scale), it started right up, as if it ran just a few days ago. The climate system warmed up the cabin very quickly and kept it mist free through the whole outing. The brake pedal was too firm at first, as if there was no boost. But then corrected itself. Here are some pics. I really wish it was rust-proofed properly to go for a longer drive, it just felt so nice and fun.

UzqzUu0DBP1L2m0fPwXi6-mINlhaNNSN3S6IcxKYCDZuyGhxL_rBqnVb14pzeGRhiDF_8xuwlGAa8BvQQ=w1976-h1086-no.jpg

0VYY2vEiFKSLxNu6r7kV3_4asB-w3Idr3mAZk2RXZwt51M7Y18ijKRzZ0KF-tK_e4w7N2qTmchvVKhNOg=w1810-h1003-no.jpg

AJzVbDTVjwK_MTKd3xZe-kr1rkk5wXEwrO_r1mbvdxLEfxtNiPLdiGLHm43HT9Mcu7lUdLO6GVvnt-Hzw=w1863-h1086-no.jpg

Hectic work schedule and other house chores prevented me from doing anything with the Newport so far, but somehow our local hops managed to add 3000 kms on its odo. All drives were an enormous pleasure and went without hiccup. It serves as a confirmation to the theory to which I have long been a supporter, that if you drive a car often, it opens up and runs much better than your usual garage queen.
The last large outing was in late October, right before we got the first large dump of snow. Running it alongside BMW E46 was fun and interesting comparison in itself.
View attachment 340289

View attachment 340290
Since then it has been marooned in the garage waiting for an opportunity to sneak out into the wild. A few days ago it was cold and dry enough not to worry about salt and to take a stroll to the nearest park. Despite -10-12degC (low teens on F scale), it started right up, as if it ran just a few days ago. The climate system warmed up the cabin very quickly and kept it mist free through the whole outing. The brake pedal was too firm at first, as if there was no boost. But then corrected itself. Here are some pics. I really wish it was rust-proofed properly to go for a longer drive, it just felt so nice and fun.

View attachment 340291
View attachment 340292

View attachment 340293
That’s one sexy old lady.. lol

Dang, I still have a soft spot for Formals...all Formals. I really like the B&W pic.
Sweet machine.

Last car a i had a chance to buy in 92 was a custom newport 2door, st. regis,heavy octoganal chrome hubcaps,power everything.It had that light blue checkered cloth just like this red car.And,it was ziebarted.Plugs were all over it.But it sat to long without being started and probably needed new carb,gas tank and lines.Couldn,t afford to just buy and store it at the time.B.B

And your driving in the snow,what i dream of doing again one day.It,s just that in the last 4 years it really hasn,t snowed really at all that much in Maryland.Your car looks so regal in the snowy background.You can fall in love with a car you know.So happy you found your baby.B.B

Back